The Weekend Is My Enemy!

Options
Hello out there~

I'm just frustrated at myself for not having more will power to refrain from eating the wrong things every weekend. I always eat right and workout at least 3 times during the week, but when Friday - Sunday gets here I find myself eating all the wrong things (example: burgers, pizza, sweets, etc.) in excessive amounts rather in moderation. My boyfriend is very slim and can eat whatever he wants, but the same definitely doesn't apply to me. I can look at a piece of cheesecake and 5 lbs is automatically added to my thighs! LOL

I'm going to start praying for more will power and will not place myself in tempting situations to eat the bad stuff. Sorry guys, I'm just venting out loud through the internet.

Replies

• vonda08
    vonda08 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello out there~

I'm just frustrated at myself for not having more will power to refrain from eating the wrong things every weekend. I always eat right and workout at least 3 times during the week, but when Friday - Sunday gets here I find myself eating all the wrong things (example: burgers, pizza, sweets, etc.) in excessive amounts rather in moderation. My boyfriend is very slim and can eat whatever he wants, but the same definitely doesn't apply to me. I can look at a piece of cheesecake and 5 lbs is automatically added to my thighs! LOL

I'm going to start praying for more will power and will not place myself in tempting situations to eat the bad stuff. Sorry guys, I'm just venting out loud through the internet.
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I TOTALLY feel you!!! Friday is supposed to be my only "off" day for the week as far as going to the gym goes... but I always end up skipping Saturday and Sunday too. And I eat horribly. And I drink alot. It's all about will power.

We have poker nights at our house ever Friday and I just always end up drinking way too much (which is bad in and of itself) but then Saturday morning... the LAST thing I want to do is haul my big butt do the gym (or do anything for that matter) So then all my cleaning gets left for Sunday and I waste my whole day doing that.

It's frustrating, but we can get through it!!!! Just have to have the will power to say "no".

Good luck girl!! I hope this weekend is a great one for you!!!
  • vonda08
    Options
    Oh thank God I'm not the only one who feels like that! I started feeling a bit down b/c I felt like all my hard work during the week goes straight down the drain when the weekend hits and then I find myself working out harder on Monday.

Thanks for sharing and I wish you all the best in your health & fitness goals!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Everything you said is the same for me...the past two weekends were the 1st that I was able to make healthy choices rather than falling in with my boyfriend and his daughter who are both slender and eat anything they want with no weight gain...like everything else, it takes practice to get it right...next weekend, remind yourself how you are feeling today and encourage yourself to practice healthy choices...you'll get there!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You know...I think it's the same for most of us. Weekends are very hard. It's hard to socialize and eat the right foods and limit portion size, and watch what you're drinking all at the same time.

Here's the secret that I've found for weekends, see if it'll work for you...I alway propose socializing at my house all the time now. For one thing, I motivates me to keep my house clean, so I'm buring more calories cleaning my house.

Drinks: my rule for myself is 1 - 12 ounce glass of water for every drink I have. It keeps me hydrated so I'm not feeling so bad in the morning. Also it keeps me full, and when I have a glass of water in my hand, I don't feel like I need to have another drink until the water is gone, thus I drink less.

Food: Lettuce wraps are my trick. Arm yourself with lots of Green Leaf Lettuce, sprouts, sliced cucumbers, matchstick carrots, or any kind of veggies that you can think of to use and lots of fat free or low fat dressing. And it doesn't matter what kind of food people bring over to eat...even deep fried...make a lettuce wrap out of it. Wrap it with all kinds of veggies and top it off with a little low fat dressing, I guaranty that you won't be able to put too much of the fat laden food in your lettuce wrap if you fill it with veggies first. And it's very yummy.

I'm telling you. I've had to do this because of how weak I am on weekends, but it works. Before you know it you've drank a lot (of water) and ate tons of food (mostly veggies) and you don't feel like you've missed out.

My friends all now know, even if I'm going to their house, I'll be bringing the makings of "LETTUCE WRAPS", and they now all love it.

Let me know if it works for you.
  • Gorgeous
    Gorgeous Posts: 248
    Options
    ugh its the same for me!!
    yesterday was bad then i went to bjs and had pizza!
    the kids meal kind still bad!

and i had mcdonalds and i had chili cheese dogs
    bad day
    put it all behind me
    but i still feel horribly guilty!!!
    yesterday was a serious cheat day ahhhh!
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    :mad: I HATE THE WEEKENDS......I TOTALLY BLOW IT. I HAVE NO WILL POWER FRI-SUNDAY. THE WORST IS WHEN I GO TO MY MOMS HOUSE....JUST FORGET IT. IT'S LIKE I AM UNDER THE SPELL OF THE FAT GODS. EAT, DRINKS AND BE MERRY.
    THAT WAS THE OLD ME AND IT IS NO GOOD FOR YOU. THE NEW ME IS JUST LEARNING FROM MY OLD MISTAKES.........SLOWLY.!!!!
  • vonda08
    Options
    Lady J - I laughed out loud when I read "Fat Gods." Hahaha!!!! I sooo feel you on that one!

It's so refreshing to know that I'm not alone in this struggle and it honestly makes me want to strive to do better. You all are awesome and I'm going to eat healthy over the weekend for myself and for all of my buddies out there who are struggling to stay away from the "Fat Gods." :wink:
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted this comment! I was about to post something just like it. Isnt it funny how we work all week, then feel so wonderful just to shatter our mood on the weekend by eating anything offered to us? I HATE IT!!! But like you, i am going to pray about it, with God anything is possible(even if it feels hopeless!) We can all do it!!!!!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I agree! I think I have a food hangover, from eating junk yesterday. I am going to Mexico in one month so hopefully that will put me in check!
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yup. I am there with all of you guys.. This only happens on the weekends when I go home. It's as if my parents feel liek I will never see food again. I usually start off well and do well untill 7pm. After that it's as if the foods calls out to me and I eat and eat and eat.... until I feel disgusted with myself!!! :( .... I am starting over everything again today. I really want to get back on track :)
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    This may sound dumb but I try planning my meals in the morning so I know what I can eat and don't go over! I LOVE onion rings so I plan everything else aroung them. This also helps so you can look up the resturan you are going to and know what to eat. Another thing you can try is texting 34381 with the resturant you are at and what you want to eat. If they have the nutritional values, they text it all to you in minutes. I was told this is free if you have free text messaging!

Good luck!