2,012 Miles in 2012

Options
I am not really interested in running a group, just because I know I cannot commit to that, but I would love to make some friends who are interested in taking on this challenge. I want to walk 2,012 miles in 2012. It comes out to about 5 and a half miles a day. I am open to communicating any way you would like, through emails/texts/IMs I just would like someone who I can message when I am not feeling like getting off my butt to do my miles for the day...and who knows maybe you will make a great friend out of it :)

Replies

• mslizlee
    Options
    i'd love to be a part of this! can i join you?
  • mommamindi
    Options
    i'd love to be a part of this! can i join you?

You sure can :):)
  • beckyard
    beckyard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh that's a lot :p I just updated my goals to run (jog) 250 miles (or more) for 2012 LOL. I don't want to join and not be able to do it (i have 3 kids LOL). I know going every day is hard for me. But I think that's an AWESOME goal!!
  • yummymommyvt
    yummymommyvt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OMG I so want to join you in this.
  • mommamindi
    Options
    Oh my gosh that's a lot :p I just updated my goals to run (jog) 250 miles (or more) for 2012 LOL. I don't want to join and not be able to do it (i have 3 kids LOL). I know going every day is hard for me. But I think that's an AWESOME goal!!

I know this will be extremely hard for me...I had my fourth baby 4 weeks ago and I homeschool my older two...its going to be crazy busy but I also know that if I dont do something I wont be around for as long as I want to :)
  • mommamindi
    Options
    OMG I so want to join you in this.

Awesome!!
  • janjtaylor
    Options
    I would love to join but only if I can do your 2000+ using an alternative method....I don't walk well sometimes and lately I have had an additional problem that prevents me from walking well....but I can pedal a mean fan (exercise) bike! I do appx 5 miles on it 4-5 times a week....some weeks are better.

So, can you modify your challenge to do 2000+ MILES anyway you can?...after all it's all about getting off your butt and moving isn't it?
  • beckyard
    Options

I know this will be extremely hard for me...I had my fourth baby 4 weeks ago and I homeschool my older two...its going to be crazy busy but I also know that if I dont do something I wont be around for as long as I want to :)

Oh wow...we can just throw my first reply out the window haha!! You've got a very tough challenge ahead of you. I will join you and cheer you on cause that's an astronomical (but totally doable) goal. Easily attainable when you put your mind to it. I will help you out and I'll bump up my running miles goal to 1000 :) When I get my replacement phone maybe we can text to help motivate (i'm more of a texter haha).

I wish you luck and I hope I'll be able to do at least half of what you are trying to accomplish
  • mommamindi
    Options
    I would love to join but only if I can do your 2000+ using an alternative method....I don't walk well sometimes and lately I have had an additional problem that prevents me from walking well....but I can pedal a mean fan (exercise) bike! I do appx 5 miles on it 4-5 times a week....some weeks are better.

So, can you modify your challenge to do 2000+ MILES anyway you can?...after all it's all about getting off your butt and moving isn't it?

Absolutely! Anyway to log it is amazing! I want to start riding bike but that will wait til the snow melts lol!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Ooh!! I love challenges! Might I join? Oh pretty please with low-fat ice cream, fat-free whipped cream, and a cherry on top???
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    oh gosh, that's almost (2) 5k's a day! go you. I'd love to walk with you, I know 2012 probably won't happen, I love walking just not that much, lol
  • mommamindi
    Options

Oh wow...we can just throw me first reply out the window haha!! You've got a very tough challenge ahead of you. I will join you and cheer you on cause that's an astronomical (but totally doable) goal. Easily attainable when you put your mind to it. I will help you out and I'll bump up my running miles goal to 1000 :) When I get my replacement phone maybe we can text to help motivate (i'm more of a texter haha).

I wish you luck and I hope I'll be able to do at least half of what you are trying to accomplish

I am more of a texter too...I am not allowing myself to buy a replacement phone until I log 5,000 minutes working out lol. Mine still works, it just doesnt work as well as when I first bought it! Good luck on your goal as well :) We can do it...I have confidence :)
  • mommamindi
    Options
    Ooh!! I love challenges! Might I join? Oh pretty please with low-fat ice cream, fat-free whipped cream, and a cherry on top???

Of course :)
  • mommamindi
    Options
    oh gosh, that's almost (2) 5k's a day! go you. I'd love to walk with you, I know 2012 probably won't happen, I love walking just not that much, lol

Any walking is better then none ;)
  • mslizlee
    Options
    Whoo hoo! I'm excited!

I'm fairly new to whole using an online community for support and so far, i love it! I've been reading posts on the message boards and all you guys are so encouraging! I think this is what I may have needed all along..

I'm definitely a texter too, or at least via messaging on the fitnesspal app on my phone. I definitely can help you out with your lazyy days if you'd be willing to help me with my sluggish days too.. hahah

btw, will you be running 5 1/2 miles a day or running more on some days, less on some (i.e. varying it up)? Would it be easier to record miles weekly instead and then check in with each other once a week (or more if we need encouragement)?
  • mommamindi
    Options
    Whoo hoo! I'm excited!

I'm fairly new to whole using an online community for support and so far, i love it! I've been reading posts on the message boards and all you guys are so encouraging! I think this is what I may have needed all along..

I'm definitely a texter too, or at least via messaging on the fitnesspal app on my phone. I definitely can help you out with your lazyy days if you'd be willing to help me with my sluggish days too.. hahah

btw, will you be running 5 1/2 miles a day or running more on some days, less on some (i.e. varying it up)? Would it be easier to record miles weekly instead and then check in with each other once a week (or more if we need encouragement)?

I am hoping to do more most days, but I am sure there will be days that my kids do not allow me to do anything! Whatever works for you, if it is easier to check in once a week we can do that or we can do an evening check in after we are done. I have NO problem helping you out on your sluggish days...I have them and the hardest part is taking the first step :)
  • janjtaylor
    Options
    This is how I have been logging my miles.....

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208579463279936013990.0004b3a0073e565676326&msa=0

A friend of mine is a dedicated runner and she does the same thing (gave me the idea) but she does it on a real map. Each year she changes colors....
  • beckyard
    Options
    This is how I have been logging my miles.....

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208579463279936013990.0004b3a0073e565676326&msa=0

A friend of mine is a dedicated runner and she does the same thing (gave me the idea) but she does it on a real map. Each year she changes colors....

Thats pretty interesting. Do you just map a route from the miles that you did on your stationary? I never thought of that. I have a fan bike as well but it's very...manual...I guess I could say. Takes more work than at a gym but I guess that's a good thing haha
  • queendebor
    queendebor Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am not really interested in running a group, just because I know I cannot commit to that, but I would love to make some friends who are interested in taking on this challenge. I want to walk 2,012 miles in 2012. It comes out to about 5 and a half miles a day. I am open to communicating any way you would like, through emails/texts/IMs I just would like someone who I can message when I am not feeling like getting off my butt to do my miles for the day...and who knows maybe you will make a great friend out of it :)

Walking is tough for me right now, since I have arthritic hips and ankles and bad knees. So.... I'm gonna give it a go! I have 365 days. We'll see if I make it. I figure even if I don't, I'll have walked a whole lot farther than I would without the challenge. I'm in!
  • flvsusandy
    flvsusandy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow this is pretty insense but i may be up for the challenge! I am already commiting to running 1000 miles in 2012 because I am training for my first marathon but I know I will be doing additional cross training as well......I may be in! :) I have a day to decide!!!