Tattoo art...

Options
I love tats. I think it's an awesome piece of art! I was thinking about getting another. Anyone get any new ink or wanna share what they've had done?

I have a few:
back - pics of my 3 kids with cherish below it
legs - a few pieces in reference to my family, a cross, and my goals as a runner
arms - a few pieces that reference family and my life as a cancer surivor
finger - my wife's name on my ring finger (can't wear a wedding ring for work due to safety issues)

I have a total of 15.

Replies

• SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I don't have any (YET) and my husband says NO way! I want mine in a "non public place" so I don't understand what his issue is.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have a zen circle in the middle of my back :)
  • judejacklucy
    Options
    I love tattoos! I have 4

1st tattoo on my right shoulder blade my husband(then boyfriend) picked it out for me when we both turned 18

2nd tattoo lower abdomen says Smile Punk in my husbands handwriting, it's an inside joke from when we were in highschool

3rd on my left forearm are the opening notes to amazing grace favorite song

4th on my right side down my ribs, starting at shoulder blade all the way down to my hip Rose and Skull tattoo.

I am getting another tattoo after I get to my goal weight!!
  • latinahada
    Options
    I only have one so far. It's a large star in the middle of my upper back (just a few inches below my neck) with my daughter's name in it and then a smaller star on either side of the large star, black and pink are the colors. I want at least one more...I now have a son & would like his name on me as well :) And who knows what else....
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    I don't have any (YET) and my husband says NO way! I want mine in a "non public place" so I don't understand what his issue is.

I can cover mine up for work reasons. Pants and a shirt that goes to my elbows. If I could I'd have full sleeves but work won't allow it. I have reasons for each of mine no random art so when I get old they'll still mean a lot even if they don't look as good!
  • maradanielle
    maradanielle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love tatts! I have three so far: a snake dragon on my left shoulder, a cadusa dragon and tribal along my lower back and a shadow rose and moon on my right hip. I cannot wait to get my next one which will be my daughters name in Chinese with blue flames surrounding it (her personality element hottest fire:devil : )
  • Bandstrh
    Bandstrh Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    2...well 4.

1 - Sunflower on my right ankle, resembling the beauty, colour, and life of my girls.

2-4 - Chinese 'year' symbol for each of my kids birth year on my upper middle back - year of the rabbit; year of the tiger; year of the snake.

I would love more but haven't decided what or where yet.
  • mortla
    mortla Posts: 73
    Options
    I have 5 tattoos. I am planning on at least 2 more.

1) Hibiscus flower on my lower left ankle (this is a cover up of a really bad butterfly I got when I was 18).

2) Shooting star on my lower back (right hand side).

3) Ring of roses around my belly button.

4) 3 Chinese symbols on my left wrist that say "goddess", "enlightenment", and "protection".

5) A fairy with butterfly wings with my daughter's name under her feet.

I am hoping to get a mermaid on my upper left leg. I want to add onto my fairy with some butterflies around her colored with my Mom and Dad's birthstones.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Mama always said you don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.:noway: LOL
  • sherbiecan
    sherbiecan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have one....it is two butterflies.....one of the butterflies has a breast cancer ribbon on the tip of the wing. It represent three big milestones that happened in 2010.

Would like to get another but not sure what or when.

Sherbie
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    For those who got tatoos before a large amount of weight loss, do they change? I imagin the color might get darker, is this true?
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have a few, fairy, dragonfly, lady bugs
    I want a big piece on my side- rib cage area, hip to boob......either cherry blossom tree or a large koi fish with waves. Once i get to my goal weight and its nice and firm! :)
  • steffihoney
    Options
    Mama always said you don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.:noway: LOL

lol I like that.

I have 3. Symbol for Taurus around my belly button, a g clef and rose on my ankle, and a heart on my wrist w/my angel baby girl's initials. I want 1 more for my little man. Something w/a skull.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    oh, and also want my son's name on my wrist.
  • DawnMac85
    DawnMac85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have one tattoo...a dragonfly on the inside of my right ankle. Planning to get another one...it will be the celtic symbol for sisterhood in memory of my best friend who passed away from breast cancer 18 months ago (she was with me when I got my first tattoo).
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    I want a big piece on my side- rib cage area, hip to boob......either cherry blossom tree or a large koi fish with waves. Once i get to my goal weight and its nice and firm! :)

Looks awesome on the rib cage but mine was a PAIN! Only one that really bothered me. I have a cancer poem on my side. (in my profile pic) Hope it still looks good once I "firm" up if not at least I'll know the meaning :)
  • judejacklucy
    Options
    For those who got tatoos before a large amount of weight loss, do they change? I imagin the color might get darker, is this true?

I got all my tattoos when I weight around 130-140 but now I am bigger they haven't changed really.
  • judejacklucy
    Options

Looks awesome on the rib cage but mine was a PAIN! Only one that really bothered me. I have a cancer poem on my side. (in my profile pic) Hope it still looks good once I "firm" up if not at least I'll know the meaning :)

I have one that goes down my rib cage, and I fell asleep on the table. It all depends on your pain tolerance! I was just fine!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I want to get a Serenity Seagull. Wondering how long I can hide it from my hubby! Lol
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I quite fancy getting this as a tattoo

14y5n5y.jpg

*edit* sorry for the mahoosive images people. Haven't had complaints before though :-p