Jillian Michaels DVDs: Difficulty Ranking

Options
Hi, all!
Just like most of you I'm prepping for the new year and new chance to get {or stay} in shape. I'm very new to the fitness/exercise world, but I've used Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred before and fell in love.
I'm planning to start 30 Day Shred again starting January first, simultaneously starting the Couch to 5K program.
After completing 30DS, I still want to do 3 of Jillian's other DVDs {Killer Buns & Thighs, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Ripped in 30}...HOWEVER, I don't know which order I should complete them in. I know it doesn't matter much, but I'm kind of a freak about organizing and planning.
So all you Jillian vets out there, let me know which seems the most difficult! If you've done all three it'd be great if you could rank them from most difficult to least difficult. OR if you've only done one or two of them...rate their level of difficulty in comparison to 30DS {i.e. easy, medium, hard}.

THANKS SOO SO MUCH! Any other advice is much appreciated! {I'm also planning on doing Power 90 and Insanity Fast & Furious eventually}

Replies

• angiek2322
    angiek2322 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'd do ripped in 30 next. you can mix in butt and thighs.......the newest one...shed and shred is killer. level one not so bad, but I almost puked doing level 2. and I consider myself to be pretty fit!!!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I haven't done them all so can't rank them but if you like having a schedule there is a Jillian 30 Day Slimdown that includes all her videos (except the new one):

DAY 1: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 2: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 3: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 4: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 5: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 6: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 7: DAY OFF

DAY 8: 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1

DAY 9: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

DAY 10: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11: 3O DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

DAY 12: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 13: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 14: DAY OFF

DAY 15: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 16: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

DAY 17: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 18: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2

DAY 19: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 20: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21: DAY OFF

DAY 22: 30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 2
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 23: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 24: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 25: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 26: DAY OFF

DAY 27: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    30 DAY SHRED - LEVEL 1

DAY 28: BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 29: 30 SHRED LEVEL 2
    30 SHRED LEVEL 1

DAY 30: NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    What about No More Trouble Zones? That is a good one too.
    I have almost ALL of her dvds and the one I always had the most difficulty with is her PURE cardio dvd Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. It took me quite awhile to be able to get through the whole dvd without stopping....she doesn't even give breaks in it for a drink of water. You have to grab water when you can---take a swig or two then get back into it. I just got a HRM for Christmas and I did the dvd this week and burned 464 calories in 55 minutes (with warm up & cool down). It is definitely one of the hardest cardio dvds I have ever done (besides Insanity:wink:)
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tiffanyrose519
    tiffanyrose519 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism is one of the more challenging ones, just because it's straight cardio. Honestly, I love all her videos! Good luck!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have done 30DS and Killer buns and thighs......and Killer buns and thighs is just that! KILLER~ I run 4-5 days a week and I could not do buns n thighs with my running because my legs hurt to bad! So I had to stop it to focus on running, but I am going to start it back but only 1 day a week!
  • thinspirationist
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!! This has helped WORLDS. I'm really glad to hear to some feedback, I think I definitely might push Banish Fat Boost Metabolism back to a later date and incorporate No More Trouble Zones.
    Also, maybe hold off on the Killer Buns & Thighs, maybe after I complete Power 90 or so...I'm not sure yet, I'll play around with the timeline a little more.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!
  • leslielynn1979
    Options
    The first time I did Six Week Six Pack, I thought I may die. After a few more times it became more tolerable. I think they are def. great at getting your heart rate up to where it needs to be. So for me personally, they kicked my butt:)
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options
    Bump
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Get her new one, Extreme Shed and Shred. It is great!
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    From easist to hardest ( in regards to soreness etc)

30 DS

Banish fat boost metabolism

6 week 6 pack week 1

Ripped in 30 level 1 and 2

Killer buns level 1

No more trouble zones ( of coursing depending on how heavy your dumbells are)

6 week 6 pack week 2

Ripped level 4

Killer buns level 3

Ripped level 3 ( mostly because of the superset of triceps, I HATE IT)

Killer buns level 2
  • helena9
    helena9 Posts: 34
    Options
    I have loved Jillian Michael since becoming addicted to the Biggest Loser, I have Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which i really like - I also bought Ripped in 30 but it won't work on my DVD player as there is an error because of area code (although BFBM works fine). What others would everyone recommend? I do like a lot of cardio :)
  • vegetarian218
    vegetarian218 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • promgirl2013
    Options
    Bump
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30DS all the way through as well as Ripped in 30. 30DS is by far her easiest DVD in my opinion. Ripped in 30 would be a nice transistion for you with a little challenge. I'm currently doing her new DVD extreme shed and shred which is awesome and its actually fun its a little tough but doable. Good luck!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    bump