Boy am I glad I invested in a HR monitor

Options
Hemis_mom
Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
I used it today for the first time to do Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga and I burned 260 calories in 50 minutes but before the HRM when I just guessed using the website it was 360 (YIKES) but when I run I burned more than this website said so that is good too! I am glad my hubby bought me one for my b-day

I wish Yoga burned more---it feels like it does

Replies

• Hemis_mom
    Options
    I used it today for the first time to do Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga and I burned 260 calories in 50 minutes but before the HRM when I just guessed using the website it was 360 (YIKES) but when I run I burned more than this website said so that is good too! I am glad my hubby bought me one for my b-day

I wish Yoga burned more---it feels like it does
  • pattitricia85
    pattitricia85 Posts: 376
    Options
    i just used mine for the first time yesterday too! I love it, no more guessing!
  • melissacrockett
    Options
    What monitor did you use?

Thanks,

Melissa
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Yes a HRM is a great investment I love mine- What one do you have?

I have the Polar F4-
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitors are amazing. I really have no idea how I worked out without it. since i got one, I've only been to the gym/running ONCE without it - and I've had mine since October.
    I have a Polar F6
  • Hemis_mom
    Options
    I have a polar f6
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    what makes the f6 different from the f4 besides price lol
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I think one of the differences has to do with interference from other hrm or equipment. I don't know if any of the features are different except interference, but you can compare them at the polar site.
    I have the f6 and love it.:smile:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Yoga does not burn alot of calories but it is so good for your body (and mind). I really felt strong when I was doing yoga three times a week. I have to find some time to get back into that routine b/c I loved it!

I love my HRM too!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I think the HRM is BY far one of the best investments you can make if you're serious about losing weight. It is such a GREAT tool!!!

I have the reebok XT and it's AMAZING!
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I just got the rebok and I'm having a hard time . how can I see both heartrate and cal's burned at the same time? and most of the time I have it in timer mode it beeps every 6 sec. and it won't stop.? any ideas? I'm so frusterated:grumble: :explode:
    I also just started TOM so that could be part of the problem....but still it shouldn't be this hard, should it?:noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Hemis_mom
    Options
    I went to ****'s to buy my HRM because I wanted to see them they had f4's and f6's but with the sale they were running and the 10 rebate it wasn't that much more to get the f6 and it came in PINK the f4 were all grey (at the store I went to) so that sealed the deal! I love it and you can turn of the beeping because that was driving me insane too