Question about Android App?

Options
Monda
Monda Posts: 271 Member
Ok, I know this may be a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway...LOL Do you need to have a Droid smartphone, to use the MFP app? I really want a phone I can log into MFP with. I have dial up at home and it is horrible. My husband has the IPhone 4 and complains about it a lot, so I am scared to try it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    No it doesn't have to be a Droid. I have a Sensation 4G. App work pretty good I think.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    the app works on both Android and IOS great. (I have a android phone, and ipod touch.)

As far as what type of phone you want, its personal choice.

IOS come ready to use with no learning curve on how to use it.
    Android takes a little more time to learn how to use but you can do more. (customize screens, change the way your phone works.)

both use alot of battery life but it all depends on how you use it.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Droid is a generic term for anything powered by the Android operating system. You will need a compatible device; the android app works fine on my Xoom tablet.

Some of your other options can be found here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have the htc Desire- Android smartphone. I get around on MFP fairly easily. I can not get on message boards or games, which I don't do but the calorie counting is good. Best wishes finding what you want.
  • LRH64
    LRH64 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I use the MFP app on my HTC Desire everyday with no problems.
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    APP works great on my phone - Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy SII - I love the barcode scanning option.
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I really appreciate the help! :smile: