Tattoo art...

Options

Replies

• SewerUrchin
    Options
    I have a compass/nautical star design on the back of my neck (I grew up by the sea, and am fascinated by what lives under it), two really terrible tattoos I got when I was a drunk teenager (a thunderbolt on my hip and a blue rose on my butt; luckily, both are tiny, and I'm currently trying to think of cover-up designs for them), a heart design on my bikini line, the words "Deus Ex Machina" down the inside of my left arm (it's arguably the ultimate lazy solution when it comes to plot devices, and I'm a lazy person), and an anchor on my stomach (my boyfriend has a matching one on his wrist; we had a lovely day out in Brighton earlier this year where we were in such good moods and everything was perfect, so we immortalised the day in ink. Why anchors? Because Brighton is by the sea, and I liked the idea of an anchor on my stomach to represent the challenge ahead of me in terms of LOSING weight from that area, so it's also a motivational thing).

My next few designs include a starfish on my shoulder, a mermaid back piece, and my own personal cutie mark on my butt (anyone familiar with My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic should understand that reference), which is a quill drawing a smiley face on a scroll.
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Can see what I have so far...getting more....love the pain!!!
  • chyloet
    chyloet Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have seven ...
    tiny Woodstock (Peanuts character) on my right upper shoulder
    Tinkerbell on my right upper arm
    Large Dragon with other Japanese art extends from my lower left back across my waste and up my left rib cage to just under my breast ... it is a work in progress and means more to me than any of my others and is also very beautifully positioned :)
    Lavender orchid with smoke and Japanese kanji for woman and mother across pelvis expands from hip to hip.
    hummingbird on left upper thigh
    small strand of ivy on right inner ankle (my daughters name is Ivy)
    and
    Japanese kanji for friendship and loyalty on top right foot

I agree, I love the art of tattoo :)
  • xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have just one (so far) a pink and purple butterfly on my left thigh...

I WANT MORE!!!! lol
  • azuria518
    azuria518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I only have one. Its a cancer ribbon with my daughter's name above it. I love my tattoo.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Got my first one this summer....flower on my left foot. So happy with it!! Will probably do one on my hip at some point, but not quite sure yet what I want to do. Want something unusual.

Someone told me that it was bad luck to have an even number of tatts. Anyone else ever heard that?
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    Got my first one this summer....flower on my left foot. So happy with it!! Will probably do one on my hip at some point, but not quite sure yet what I want to do. Want something unusual.

Someone told me that it was bad luck to have an even number of tatts. Anyone else ever heard that?

never heard of the even # of tats before but I guess that gives me a good reason to get 2 at once.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I have one on my inner left ankle of young Simba ("I Just Can't Wait To Be King" age). I've had that since '94. I want a three circle Mickey head on the back of my neck so you can only see it when I wear my hair in a ponytail (hidden Mickey). But I haven't done it yet. Would rather spend the money elsewhere for now.
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love tats. I think it's an awesome piece of art! I was thinking about getting another. Anyone get any new ink or wanna share what they've had done?

I have a few:
    back - pics of my 3 kids with cherish below it
    legs - a few pieces in reference to my family, a cross, and my goals as a runner
    arms - a few pieces that reference family and my life as a cancer surivor
    finger - my wife's name on my ring finger (can't wear a wedding ring for work due to safety issues)

I have a total of 15.

Congrats on surviving cancer... not an easy feat, but you are here to tell about your victory! Awesome. :)
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't have any, yet, but I want one as a memorial to my mother. I started to draw my own design after she passed away about 14 years ago, but I have misplaced it, so instead of starting from scratch I have decided to go with a simpler tattoo. It's basically angel wings on both sides of "Mom" (in a cursive font) with her angel date... I am having it done on my right shoulder to represent her always looking out for me. :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    "L'amour Suffit" (translated to Love is Enough, my way of saying All You Need Is Love, my favorite song.) written in purple on my left wrist to remind myself that no matter how hard things get in life, as long as I'm surrounded by loved ones, I'll be okay. On the right side of my neck I have a Roman numeral 2 (II) surrounded by flourishing. Its a tattoo I got with my siblings. I'm the middle child, hence the two. I'm big on only getting ink that really means something to me.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I just have one at the moment:

n503999295_364091_8954.jpg

I have been redesigning a large piece for 6 years now. I was going to get it on my ribs but now I am thinking my thigh.
    I wanted to get it perfect before I got it done. Then it became a matter of money.
    It's a good thing to have to wait so long though cause I keep changing my mind about things.
    That is all I want.
  • PrettyLydie
    PrettyLydie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have one of a peace sign on my upper right chest. I plan on getting way more though, pain feels good. My 2 year old gave me a tramp stamp today with a ballpoint pen though, lol.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have four (got my latest one just two days ago!!)

1st - kanji for happiness on my hip
    2nd - 'Penni' on my hip - Penni is my dog and my medicine
    3rd - a spiral on my wrist
    4th - a bird, on my back, off to the side. My first color piece :)

I won't stop here. Ni have an incredible artist in Bali and my boyfriend and I see him every year we visit. So till next year!!!
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have 2 -- first one is on my ankle and the second one is on my lower back - I already have a date picked for my next one, memory piece for my mom
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    just got my first tat on my 28th birthday. A tribal howling wolf on the back of my left calf.
  • hadlam
    hadlam Posts: 90
    Options
    I love tattoos :)

I have 3, a rose on my leg, a dragon on my sholder (very small but holding out a rose for me) and a celtic design on my lower back.

I wanna get some stars down my spine next :D
  • pinky_b
    pinky_b Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love tats and hearing about other peoples art. Thanks to everyone who has shared so far....

My first tattoo was my back - Cherry blossom tree spanning from left hip to right shoulder and when I meet a few of my weight lose goals will be adding to this so it goes over my shoulder on to my chest a little and down my arm

2nd - aquarius symbol on inner left wrist (got matching star sign symbols on our inner wrist with my baby brother on his 18th)

3rd - "goddess" in kanji on inner right wrist

have plans for more just wanna wait a little bit first before getting more ink. Want to be half way to my ultimate goal weight.
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mama always said you don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari.:noway: LOL

Momma's very wise :)

Russ
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    <====== Chicken *kitten*