1st Day at the Gym! Mixed Feelings....

Options
So I lost my 1st 40lbs at home with calisthenics, HIIT and cardio. Today was my 1st day in the gym and honestly I felt a bit out of place and lost... I made use of the heavier dumbells and the treadmill for running.... It got a little easier the longer I was there....Why did I have to pick a small gym where everybody was is great shape...(shrug) they seemed like nice people... Im going back tomorrow...

Replies

• stayfit2008
    Options
    Don't let this stop you. This was my fear for the longest time. But you will find it within yourself to go, and with confidence. Soon you will be the veteran giving the advice.

Peace
  • stayfit2008
    Options
    Don't let this stop you. This was my fear for the longest time. But you will find it within yourself to go, and with confidence. Soon you will be the veteran giving the advice.

Peace
  • alphachow
    Options
    DO go back tomorrow. It only takes a short time to begin to recognize people and feel more comfortable. Plan your workout ahead so you have an idea of what to do next and don't feel lost. Build in some familiar lifts and one or two challenges so it feels successful. The gym is only a location; the workout is your objective. Train well!!