Just dance 3 or Zumba 2????

Options
I'm looki g at getting one of these for the wii. Pros.....cons......
How do you record it on here if you don't own something that tells you how many calories burned?

I really want to start the scale moving downward and so far nothing is working.....hoping one of these will do it
Thanks

Replies

• soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    i just tried just dance 3 over the holiday.....IT WAS AWESOME! I just wish I had a kinect to do it on myself
  • ritas
    ritas Posts: 12
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I played Just Dance 3 this past weekend. It was fun.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I don't have Zumba for Wii but I just got Just Dance 3 and I love it. I can definitely work up a sweat.

I have been logging it as "Aerobics, general" and I list less time than I actually do. For instance, I logged 30 min today but actually did about 45. That way, if aerobics is an overestimate on my part, I still have some wiggle room.
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    I just did Zumba 2 on Wii today and burned a significant amount of calories....comparable to when I take the Zumba class at the gym. I like the music and moves on game more than the class at gym (there is so much jumping at my gym's Zumba class that it starts to hurt my knees and hips after awhile). I do have Just Dance 3 but haven't tried it yet...I'll let you know!

I have HRM so I knew how many calories I burned. You can put in your weight on the game and it will estimate how many calories you burned but mine was less than what showed on my HRM.
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just dance 3 is cool... me and the kids had a blast for christmas... I couldnt make it through 3 songs!!1
  • Tweety379
    Options
    I have Just dance 1 and 2 and the first zumba game for the wii. I find I get a better workout (meaning I sweat more) from Zumba. When I track it on here I just put it under zumba. I take Zumba classes and find I get about the same out of the workout. For the Just dance games, I log it under general dance. I have a tracker and they come pretty close. Hope this helps!
  • abodylikebritneys
    Options
    I LOVE dance 3 GO with it
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA 2 ZUMBA 2 ZUMBA 2. DID I MENTION ZUMBA 2. Love that it lets me track burning calories and time goes by so fast. and you earn rewards, thats even better.
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Ive been using just dance 2 and have found it great. I suppose it depends where you are at with your fitness etc... If you need more challenge? I put it down under dance, general then the amount of minutes. Its a good burn. Trick is to keep moving and to put it on continual.
  • Dane11175
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing.I went yesterday and bought the Zumba 2. I herd good things about it and I LOVE taking the class at my gym.I am hoping to do some workouts at home...:).I wonder how much u burn? In the class at the gym I can burn around 450 cal!Hope someone can give some info on it.
  • auntie_missy
    auntie_missy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I got Just Dance 3 for Christmas. You can earn sweat points that are supposed to be roughly equivalent to 4 calories, but it seems rather high to me so I log it as general dancing. Even so, it's a good burn, and gets me moving in different ways. I want Zumba 2 - hopefully soon.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get the zumba game soon so can't comment on that (though I enjoy 'real life' zumba classes!)

However, I got JD3 for Christmas and absolutely love it. It is so much fun. Tonight I did one of the sweat mode programmes and I burned about 200 cals (it took just over 30 mins). I'm *fairly* fit so I was quite impressed by how many I burned. I suppose it depends what kind of music you would prefer to dance to, whether you prefer the mainly Latin rhythms of zumba or want a bit more funk/hip hop with some retro tracks too.

Whichever one you try I'm sure you will love them and have lots of fun!
  • Blueeyed1985
    Blueeyed1985 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I work up a sweat doing Just Dance 3 and Zumba both on the Wii!! Such a fun workout!!
  • michelefloyd
    Options
    I have Just Dance 1, 2 but not 3, and Zumba 1, 2. Zumba 2 is by far my favorite. Since I began 5 days ago (at a very slow pace, mind you) I've lost 7 pounds total. The weight loss went up then dove down and now is going slower (so far.) That's probably mostly water weight, as they say, but the results have inspired me to keep at it every day.

Day 1 - 18 minutes
    Day 2 - 16 minutes (I started doing the songs instead of practicing the steps)
    Day 3 - 19 minutes (short class, I forget which intensity)
    Day 4 - 45 minutes (medium class, medium intensity)

Anyone want to do a challenge?
  • Echosapa
    Echosapa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 3 and just bought Zumba 2. Both are great but I feel that JD3 is more of a recreational, do it with some friends for fun, sort of game where Zumba 2 is a real workout. I burn almost 300 calories more with Zumba then JD (I have a heartrate monitor to track as accurately as I can). However, my husband doesn't like Zumba so we will do JD together. So far I think both are really fun though. Hope that helps!
  • LadyZNW
    LadyZNW Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I play them both I love them equally. I play them faithfully I like how Zumba 2 tells you your calories burned. JD3 has more of a veriety of music. my family and I play both of them together
  • LadyZNW
    LadyZNW Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing.I went yesterday and bought the Zumba 2. I herd good things about it and I LOVE taking the class at my gym.I am hoping to do some workouts at home...:).I wonder how much u burn? In the class at the gym I can burn around 450 cal!Hope someone can give some info on it.

I Don't know if Zumba 2 is out for any other system, but on the Wii. it actually tells you how many calories you burn.
  • sweetptgrl
    sweetptgrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2 and 3 and really love them. They get my HR up a lot higher than some of the activities I do on the Wii Fit Plus exercises. I use my HRM and log it under Just Dance that I created so I can keep track of exactly what I am doing. Thinking about Zumba but not sure how much I would use it compared to what I already have.

13304472.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My sister bought her wii and the just dance 3 over and I kind of got slightly addicted and might of played it for around 3 and half hours on and off.

I'm around 139lbs and I burnt 1324 calories according to my polar ft4. Some of that was Mario and Sonic at the Olympics but pretty much most of it was Just Dance 2 and 3.
  • ifucsam
    ifucsam Posts: 40
    Options
    I have both games because I like to switch it up. I prefer Zumba 2 slightly more though. It has a progress tracker which includes calories burned (it tells you that after ever song though unless you do a class, then it tells you after the class), weight, time spent playing, and your technique. I've found it to be more accurate than Just Dance 3. In Zumba 2 you place the Wiimote over your right hip and in Just Dance 3 you just keep it in your hand. In the former I tried just shaking it around and about 90% of the time I didn't score anything, thus I didn't burn as many calories. With Just Dance 3 I did the same thing (shook it without really moving around) and it gave me a higher score/"burn".

I've also found Zumba 2 to be a bit easier to learn and get the hang of because it is geared more toward a work out than Just Dance 3. But like most everything else, it's all about the effort you put in! I say if you're starting out with a Wii exercise game get Zumba 2!