anybody try wii zumba??

Options
2»

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    OK Sold, I am going to get it when I get back to work and get paid!!

Do you experienced people think I should get the first one and work up to the second on or should I just get the second one straight away?

i just got the second one since most people had the first and second one, and said the second was much better, so i dont think you do.
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    So the second one has instructions on how to dance on it too???
  • mandykav
    mandykav Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got to a Zumba class 2 times a week and I have the Wii Zumba... the class has some moves that are easier to follow. but for a great at home workout the Wii Zumba is great. I have tried other workout/fitness games on Wii and I would say that I get the most out of the Zumba workout!

Try borrowing or swapping Wii fitness games like Zumba and Just Dance with friends (thats what I did) you get a varity of workouts at half the price!
  • heaverchell
    heaverchell Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I just got it and well I am not very good at it yet. I know once I learn the moves it will be fun :smile:
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have both the original Zumba & the Zumba 2 game for the Wii (yes, I believe they do have it for the Kinect). The belt is 50" I think, you can also hold the remote or stick it in your pocket, waist band.

On to the game. I love the 2nd one compared to the 1st one. I don't get bored with it. I work harder every time so I can master the moves. The 2nd one gives you the calories burned, whereas the 1st version did not do that for you. I wear a HRM for a more accurate count and they are pretty close (I did 20 min tonight & it said I burned 249, but my HRM said 312. Pretty good considering there's nothing monitoring my progress really).

The one thing I dislike is that once you start a class you can't just stop half way through. It will not track your progress, give you your cals burned, etc. That's where the HRM comes in handy. I do it during my lunch break sometimes & at those times I sometimes don't have 20 mins to devout to the workout. With the HRM I can do what I can. You can choose to do just a song, a 20 min class, 40 min class, or 60 min class. You can also choose the intensity of the class.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    The 2nd one is much easier to follow. The games are not in order or different from each other in technique. There is actually a dancer to follow & the screen shots are much easier to look at. I think you should google images of the games so you can see what I'm talking about.
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I got the Wii Zumba 2 for Christmas and I love it! I do Zumba at least twice a week at the gym and I love the game just as much. There are so many dances and songs on it I don't see how anyone could get bored with it anytime soon. You won't be disappointed in 2. I have read the graphics are by far better in the 2nd one than the 1st.
  • kbendert
    kbendert Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just got the Zumba II for the Wii, and so far think that it has been great! I was wondering if anybody knew how accurate the calorie count was. I don't have a heart rate monitor to double check the accuracy. It is a great workout, I could definitely feel it by the end of the medium work-out! Thanks!
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    Yes it will fit just fine. Im a big girl and it fits fine. I dont care to bounce around in front of people in a class so I do vids at home and find i work harder because no one is there to see me! The zumba for wii at first is kinda hard to figureout but as long as you are moving it dosent really matter if you are doing it exactly the way the 'instructor' is. So customize it to what you are comfortable with and keep moving!!!
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    OMG I love it. We got a wii for christmas and my husband got me Zumba 2 and I'm hooked. I've been wanting to zumba for a long time and my gym doesn't offer classes. I love it, it tells you how much you burn, how long you exercise. It's great. Off to do zumba now
  • CorrieV1976
    CorrieV1976 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have it and loooove it. It's true what everyone is saying...you forget that you are working out. I played with my ten year old and when i was done I had so much sweat I was shocked. Totally worth the money!!
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I love actual Zumba. I ordered WII Zumba 2 from Amazon for those wintery days where I don't want to leave the house.
    I have Just Dance 3 and I really like it.
  • MrsGreen1985
    MrsGreen1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Is the belt on the large size? My hips are 45inches at the moment!:blushing:

I am also on the larger side at the moment.If it doesn fit on your wait it can be worn under the bust (Thats what I do)
  • oddree80
    oddree80 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think that this will be on my to purchase list! Thanks for the input!
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It comes with a hip belt for the controller.

It does?! *lol* I got my copy from a friend. Guess maybe I've been doing it wrong all this time (just holding it). Was wondering why sometimes it says I'm not doing what I should be (all while I'm yelling, "THAT'S WHAT I'M DOING!!"). It's on the schedule for tonight so I'ma try the pocket thing and see if it works better.

I do like it. I like my class better, but it's nice to have Zumba at home when the instructor has to cancel or something.
  • SummerGlam
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting the Zumba Wii game for a while now, but I've heard that it isn't as good as the original Zumba (DVDs). Does anyone know if this is true? I don't feel like wasting my money if the DVDs are better or just as good =)

Thank you in advance!
  • felicityksr
    felicityksr Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I just got the Zumba II for the Wii, and so far think that it has been great! I was wondering if anybody knew how accurate the calorie count was. I don't have a heart rate monitor to double check the accuracy. It is a great workout, I could definitely feel it by the end of the medium work-out! Thanks!

The Wii calculates it higher than an HRM. I would say it was about 100 off from what my HRM said after my routine.
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I got Wii Zumba 2 today!
    Its really good, the belt fits fine and is comfy enough to forget about, I only did 10 mins on it this arvo but I burnt 126 cals so I am going to work up gradually as I am pretty unfit at the momenIts great to get the Wii out again!!
  • poohbear2676
    Options
    I just finished my first class (I chose 45 mins medium intensity) and I think it went thru at least 15 different songs. It calculated that I burned 564 calories and it was fun. I agree that the only bummer is that you can't pause during the class but other than that it makes exercising fun.