Am I eating too much cheese

I am a vegetarian so it is hard for me to get proteins as I hate beans. I can only drink almond or soy milk as well. I have also found that cheese satisfies me unlike other things I eat. Should I lay back on it? I am obser by Christmas break now so I have almost no access to whey until the semester starts btw.

Replies

• agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    are you losing weight? If so, why change?
  • My husband is in the "cheese" business so--- I say: you can never have too much cheese. Buy Weight Watchers cheese. They have shredded, mozz, spreadable, etc.

;)
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 749 Member
    id stay away personally cuz it has a ton of calories in a small amount - I mean 1 oz has like 90-110 calories for most types right and 1oz is literally nothing!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    I love it and eat it daily.:smile:
    How much are you eating that it has you wondering if it's "too much"?
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Eat low fat peanut butter??? or some protien bars??? in place of too much cheese ..... plus if your farting alot then maybe it is too much hehe
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    I eat it daily as well. Some nights, I have 3-4 different kinds. But as a treat, so only 0.5oz of each kind if I'm having a big variety, unless I'm only having one kind in which case I will have more.
    Yes, how much cheese do you eat?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Personally, I have not found cheese detrimental to my weight loss process. I eat cheese every single day and I've consistently and steadily lost weight.

Cheese is my favorite!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    id stay away personally cuz it has a ton of calories in a small amount - I mean 1 oz has like 90-110 calories for most types right and 1oz is literally nothing!

I use about half an ounce with my egg whites every morning. Love it!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    too much cheese...?

Do these words even belong in a sentence together?
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    I would say No....you need to get your protein somewhere! I love cheese and sometimes I think I eat to much but since I eat way less then I did before....I eat it everyday! Baby Bells, Cheddar, Cream Cheese, etc....Love all cheese!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    too much cheese...?

Do these words even belong in a sentence together?

:laugh: :heart:
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Many vegetarians do not realize that not all cheese is vegetarian. Cheese can only be made if enzemes are added and many of the enzemes used to make cheese are used from the lining of the stomachs of baby cows. Many cheeses are now using a fake enzeme, but you need to look at what brands and what kind of cheese are not made from calves.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Cheese is modern-day ambrosia. Just make it fit into your macros.
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    I log all my cheese but like it for my calcium and protein. I use 1/2 oz every morning on my egg whites and sometimes another 1/2 oz on spaghetti sauce. Keeps me happy and on plan.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Cheese is modern-day ambrosia. Just make it fit into your macros.

Cheese is one of the great things vegetarians can eat. Why restrict yourself from everything, just because?

ambrosia-salad-demotivational-poster-1226919863.jpg
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Have you tried veggie shreds? I have lactose tolerance issues so I'm removing cheese from my diet (although I love it!). Veggie shreds melt and really taste like cheese.http://www.galaxyfoods.com/galaxy-products/soy-cheese/veggie/veggie-shreds/

I'm hooked! :flowerforyou:

Slainte!
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Personally, I love cheese, but, I also LOVE chick peas and edamame,which are also good for protein. If you LOVE cheese, you have no reason to stop eating it, especially if your not going over with carbs or fat. ENJOY!!!!
  • hajjcomb
    hajjcomb Posts: 118 Member
    Rule of thumb, if you find yourself asking "do I eat too much cheese?", the answer is yes, you eat too much cheese. :-)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,689 Member
    First, whole grains and vegetables both contain protein--you may be surprised how much protein you can get from these sources. Quinoa is particularly high in protein for a grain, as is millet. Tofu and tempeh are also options--you might think you don't like them, but try different ways of cooking and eating them, you may discover things you like. My husband doesn't really like tempeh, but he does enjoy tacos made by grinding the tempeh (you can use a cheese grater, or food processor) and adding taco seasonings. Tofu is pretty good pressed and broiled with various sauces.

Also, I used to hate beans too, but I started eating lentils and hummus in small amounts, then worked my way to other beans. I'm not a fan of all beans now, but I love lentils, chickpeas, pintos, and edamame. Over time, you may be able to change your feelings about beans. For me this was worth doing because it gave me an inexpensive, easy to prepare, high fiber source of protein. Try starting with lentils, mixed in with something else, like vegetable soup or in an Indian inspired rice dish. If you'd like recipes, contact me.

If you want to stick with dairy there is always low-fat yogurt, Greek yogurt is particularly popular lately (or you can just put yogurt in a coffee strainer for a few hours). As a side note, it is a good idea to buy plain yogurt and add fruit yourself, since commercial fruit in the bottom yogurt is often high in sugar. I used to love plain yogurt with frozen raspberries, the berries cause the yogurt to freeze, so you get frozen yogurt!

As other posters have mentioned, there are also eggs and egg-whites.

Also, if you're really concerned about your protein intake, you can supplement protein with powders or bars, and/or take an amino acid supplement.
  • I may have a cheese biscuit which includes 1 oz. of cheese and for dinner I always have mac & cheese.