need a question answered for lvl 2 of the 30 day shre???

Options
i keep feeling really sick while working on level 2 on the 30 ds has anyone else experienced this

Replies

• shunkawakon
    shunkawakon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    have you eaten enough before you start the shred?

a few times with 30DS, or p90x I have felt soooo sick and had to stop, its because I didn't have enough energy to workout. basically, your body will try and prevent you from working out if you do not have enough energy to do so, because your body would much rather use that energy to keep all bodily functions running, and not exerting too much. i know that I feel sick, its my body telling me I didn't provide enough energy for it to make it through the workout.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get nauseous during level two when i overexert myself especially during the plank exercises. I am on Day 7 and it is getting better :)
  • Jeniroosen1
    Options
    your body will try and prevent you from working out if you do not have enough energy to do so, because your body would much rather use that energy to keep all bodily functions running, and not exerting too much.

Yep. Your body starts shutting down unnecessary functions (digestion) to keep the muscles fueled. You need to eat more.
  • margrobins
    margrobins Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in level 2 as well and usually I do my workout first thing in the morning when I'm most refreshed, but today was an epic fail. I still hadn't done it come supper time, so I forced myself to do the workout BEFORE I'd allow myself to eat. Bad choice. I was so cranky and felt miserable during it I wanted to quit. I'm sure I shot a few curse words at Jillian while I was at it LOL!

Usually when my body is fueled, my workouts go smooth - so in today's case for me - I chalk it up to not eating since lunch. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Hope you manage to figure it out :0)

~Marg
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'm so surprised to hear these responses because just like with my running, I can't eat more than a couple hours before or it makes me sick. Even drinking too much water too close to workout time or even during will have the same effect. I just can't have stuff sloshing around in my stomach when I'm bouncing, jumping, or really exerting myself. Guess I'm strange.
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    yes I also felt sick in level 2 I am in day 5 of level 3 and it's seems easier than level 2.
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm so surprised to hear these responses because just like with my running, I can't eat more than a couple hours before or it makes me sick. Even drinking too much water too close to workout time or even during will have the same effect. I just can't have stuff sloshing around in my stomach when I'm bouncing, jumping, or really exerting myself. Guess I'm strange.

Same here, I have to eat at least two hours before working out or I'll end up in the floor.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I've never actually made myself sick through exercise. There are days I just don't have the energy to pull off a good workout, but luckily I've never been sick! I usually work out in the morning BEFORE I eat anything, but I do try to hydrate before starting and drink during and after. You really SHOULDN'T eat a lot of food before a high intensity cardio workout - THAT can actually make you sick. But if your body just needs something, have something light or a workout supplement drink or such. Or, maybe it's not that you need to eat before, maybe you just need to eat more overall? Finding what works for you can be a tricky business.

I have 30DS and level 2 is a butt kicker. If you just started level 2, maybe you're just not ready to go all out yet? If that's the case, try backing off a bit and work your way into an all out session.

Best of luck!!
  • alapoint89
    Options
    next thing is how do you get past it???
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    maybe try taking it slow if some of it is too hard skip some exercises and just pace yourself unstead. If you eat before exercising try waiting 30 mins to an hr after eating to exercise or if not try eating a little bit before u do the shred. it took me a few days doing level2 before i quit cursing at jillian and feeling like i was going to throw up. but before you know it you'll be on to level 3 and be right back where you are now.. just give it some time the sick feeling will go away
  • margrobins
    margrobins Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I can't eat right before a workout. Usually I work out in the morning before I've had anything to eat (like a previous poster said). I feel most refreshed and energized in the mornings, so it works for me. I had a hard time with my level 2 workout today (as I posted earlier) due waiting until 6pm to exercise, and no food in the tummy for over 6 hours. I felt drained and hungry. And when I'm drained and hungry - I feel sick and shaky. Lesson learned for me! :0)

~Marg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!