Hi folks! couch potato turned bicycle racer and triathlete

Options
Hey guys!

This is basically a THANK YOU to everyone who has posted success stories, tips, advice, rants, frustration, recipes, etc. etc. etc.

My name is Chelsea, and I wanted to get myself started in this community. I've found that over the course of the last year, that the bigger the support I have, the better I do on my healthiness journey. I've been lurking in the shadows on this site for awhile now, and have followed several of you all on your journeys.... Now I suppose I could come out of the shadows! :)

At my heaviest, I weighed 268lbs, and over the course of the last year I have lost 54lbs (well, lost, regained, lost again, etc. :-P). I also completed an olympic distance triathlon, four 5Ks, 12 criterium bicycle races, and did a half century on the bike. I NEVER EVER thought I would do these sorts of things, but I wanted to push myself and get out of my comfort zone. My social circle went from 3 or 4 people to quite literally dozens of friends and fellow racers. It feels very good to be active, and I cannot believe that I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

I'm only about halfway to my goal, so I want to say THANK YOU for helping me to get where I am right now!

I just want to stay motivated, and I was hoping to branch out of my comfort zone and talk to people who have been in the same situation. Thanks for being such awesome people!

Replies

• Jeniroosen1
    Options
    Yeay! Crits are scary, way to put yourself out there like that. If you want to have some real fun, get yourself a cross bike. Best time on two wheels ever, PROMISE! Keep up the good work and rubber side down. Congrats on the weight loss and all your accomplishments.

Jeni
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    GAHHHH I WANT a cross bike!!!!!! SO BADLY! Budgetary constraints and whatnot.... know of any 52cm cross frames lying around anywhere? HAHA!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's awesome!
  • Jeniroosen1
    Options
    GAHHHH I WANT a cross bike!!!!!! SO BADLY! Budgetary constraints and whatnot.... know of any 52cm cross frames lying around anywhere? HAHA!

Nationals are next weekend (in Madison) meaning that cross is pretty much over for the year. You should be able to find one someone is offloading on craigslist pretty easily.

If you want bike suggestion help, let me know.

Yeah, my profile picture is a CX race. I race almost 10 months out of the year between endurance mtb and CX. :-)