for the soda lovers...

Options
For those of us that love soda and can't seem to give it up... like me! I would suggest buying the little 8 oz cans "mini me" version. Since I've been changing my food and drinks I have one of these a day and it really satisfies the soda craving for me. Today is the first time that I didn't even drink the whole 8 ounces! Pretty soon I won't want any at all... each can has 100 calories in it, just a suggestion??? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ronkswife2000
    ronkswife2000 Posts: 176
    Options
    For those of us that love soda and can't seem to give it up... like me! I would suggest buying the little 8 oz cans "mini me" version. Since I've been changing my food and drinks I have one of these a day and it really satisfies the soda craving for me. Today is the first time that I didn't even drink the whole 8 ounces! Pretty soon I won't want any at all... each can has 100 calories in it, just a suggestion??? :flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I would love to do this but I drink cherry pepsi and they only come in 12 oz cans. This is a great idea!!!!!
    Dang I wish they came in small cans:grumble:
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Try drinking flavored seltzer water. You'd be suprised how it tricks your mind and body into thinking its soda......AND it doens't have any calories!!!:flowerforyou:
  • momta2girls
    momta2girls Posts: 60
    Options
    Two words: COKE ZERO.

Yum.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Two words: COKE ZERO.

Yum.

I tried that stuff today, McDonalds here in Toronto has changed their pop machines to offer coke zero, while I was waiting for my son to finish his shift I thought i would try one...I hated it! :laugh: Ièll stick to the diet decaf coke!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I also :heart: coke zero. and Cherry coke zero. and vanilla coke zero. :love:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper. Yummy! I like it even better than the regular kind. :love:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper. Yummy! I like it even better than the regular kind. :love:

I just switched to diet orange crush...totally better then the original :happy:
  • momta2girls
    momta2girls Posts: 60
    Options
    I love diet orange crush, too.

However, I read somewhere that even diet soda can hinder weight loss. Normally, I have one glass of coke zero a day and drink water the rest of the time.
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I was a diet coke fiend... but since I've been drinking so much water, I don't crave it at all anymore. I gave it up about 2 weeks ago without even realizing it, my body only ever tells me it wants water, and I'm thinking I should just avoid the stuff altogether now that I've kicked the habit.
  • BlossysMom
    BlossysMom Posts: 50
    Options
    I am a true soda addict! I luvvvvvvvvvv Coke (the kind in a can):noway: I WISH I could drink the small little 8oz cans but they come in a pack and I drink em all EVERYTIME:sick: and hate myself for it. I know my limit I cannot be trusted. It is just like cigarettes were.......if I could just smoke occassionally I would still smoke but I gave that up too over 9 years ago. So I do not drink soda anymore.
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    Try drinking flavored seltzer water. You'd be suprised how it tricks your mind and body into thinking its soda......AND it doens't have any calories!!!:flowerforyou:

MMM, I've had this before and it is very good!
  • ronkswife2000
    Options
    The BEST diet soda out there is definately Diet Mountain Dew... I've had all the "zero" and "one" and "diet" and they all taste pretty different from the original but the diet mountain dew is extremely close to original taste.

I know, I know you should avoid any coke all together but for the one's of us that just started our life style change kickin' cokes to the curb is not easy!!! :drinker:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Allright, haven't posted in awhile, but had to respond to this~ I definitely have loved Diet Mountain Dew and Diet Dr Pepper for years, even before I needed to lose weight. With that said, me and the bf just said yesterday that coke zero is sooo good, BUT I didn't realize that there was cherry zero and vanilla zero!!! Will check that out.............................also have the diet flavored bubbly water from WD, like to freeze it and make a slushy of sorts...........