Stay at Home Momma's?

Options
Hi, I am in need of some more MFP friends to help keep me motivated, and maybe I can help you, too? Any stay at home Mom's out there? I would love to be friends! (Sounding kinda desperate, huh?) LOL.

Maybe I should talk about myself, here, huh?

I'm 23 years old, about to turn 24 in January. I had my first child January 2011, her birthday is coming up, too :)
I gained about 50 lbs AFTER giving birth. I was actually the slimest I had been in a long time right after giving birth, I ate
healthy and breast pumped for my baby. Then...Idk what happened...I moved into this 2 bedroom apartment, and I don't do anything. I just ate, and ate, and ate some more. My boyfriend works and I stay home with my daughter.

I took a Christmas picture with Santa at the mall with my daughter and boyfriend...and when I saw it I just wanted to cry. I am BIGGER than the "supposed," fat man with the beard. I am fatter than the mall Santa. That was it. I guess that's all it took for me to snap. One look at that picture, and here I am trying my hardest to stay within a 1200 calorie diet and doing the 30 day Shred. I walk around the complex, and don't sit down and watch TV with food. I play more on the floor with my kiddo, and have been trying to stay motivated.

I weigh 243, and my first weigh in will be January 9th, 2012. I am nervous, anxious...and excited to see if what I've been doing has made a difference on the scale.

Replies

• UTrugbybaby
    Options
    I am almost a SAHM, I only work 10-15 hours per week. I also gained the weight, after my first son (born 10/06/08). I was 135 before he was born and then was about 140, three months later. Due to stress at work ( I was working 50 hrs per week) I packed on 35 pounds. Then I got pregnant again. Max was born 4/1/10, after all was said and done I was 170-175, still am. I need to drop 30 pounds so I can keep up with two toddlers and possibly have another kiddlet.

I am a pro at losing weight. I was 242 pounds at my heaviest (May 2004) got down to 125, then rebounded to 135. I went through a divorce, when most people gain weight I lost it. I was not about to be a fat, divorcee in Utah. I know what to do, just need uber motivation to stay focused! So I am desperate for friends too!

Sara
  • GoAleydaGo
    Options
    Wow! I'm 243. It is my DREAM to make it to 143. Glad to be friends :) You are definitely a pro. I will learn a lot from you!!