LOOKING 4 LOW CAL DESSERTS

Options
I love to bake, especially when I am bored... my fave being desserts - cookies, etc. Anyone have any recipies to share??? Most that I have found are like 100 a PIECE. There is absolutely NO way I can have just one piece... HELP ME!!!

Replies

• jrreynolds
    jrreynolds Posts: 3
    Options
    I love to bake, especially when I am bored... my fave being desserts - cookies, etc. Anyone have any recipies to share??? Most that I have found are like 100 a PIECE. There is absolutely NO way I can have just one piece... HELP ME!!!
  • Jayberian
    Jayberian Posts: 60
    Options
    i made strawberry cupcakes over the weekend - they turned out to be 90 calories. just a package of strawberry cake mix + a can of diet cherry 7-up. they were sooooo yummy! :love:

oh! and just bake as you normally would, as directed on the box.
  • Astrogirl
    Astrogirl Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm also looking for recipes - haven't found any great ones yet...I do find using a sugar substitute helps lower the calorie count (be careful though, it doesn't work as well with some things - i.e. it's fine for making banana bread but not tapioca). Also Jello (gelatin) is great to make - it's super low in calories and cheap. Just a couple of things that work for me anyway. :happy:
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i heard that hungry girl has a CHOCOLATE cake.. yes real chocolate cake.. i'm not sure of the exact recipe but i'm sure you can find it online!:smile:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i just got the hg cookbook 200 under 200 for mother's day and there's a whole chapter of cupcakes yum!
  • karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I found this snickerdoodle cookie that is pretty low fat. (1 gram/cookie.) Not sure of the calorie count but maybe it says on the site. Good luck! Other things I use to cure my sweet tooth is sugar free pudding with sugar free cool whip, air popped popcorn with a little bit of smart balance light butter and salt on it, and sometimes these low fat snickerdoodles.

Good luck!

http://www.flour-arrangements.com/2007/09/low-fat-and-good-snickerdoodles.html
  • lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    I like doing the sugar free pudding and layering it with light whip cream. A few chocolate chips on top and your doing pretty good still!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    :heart:

HIJACK! How are you doing?? How has the week gone with the kids at school? I apologize if you've updated somewhere and I didn't see it.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    It's funny you posted this because I made the yummiest dessert tonight for dinner and I was going to post it. I mixed up some SF Jello Instant Cheesecake pudding with lowfat milk. I poured 1/2c servings into 4 parfait glasses, then after it set up (about 10 min.), I layered on about 1 TBS of cool whip lite, on top of that I sprinkled about a tsp. of graham cracker crumbs, then I topped it all with 1 TBS of SF cherry pie filling.

It is less then 100 calories and very filling. And oh so simple.

I also like to do similar with SF butterscotch pudding because I love butterscotch, but I finish it off with 2 or 3 butterscotch morsels. YUMMY!

There are just so many different desserts that can be made with Jello pudding and Jello. I'll bet you can find a lot on their website. Again, I find them very filling and satisfying.

Good Luck! :smokin:

Edited to add: I haven't entered the data for the cheesecake parfait into my food diary yet, but after I do you'll be able to find the numbers in the database.
  • eshwok45
    eshwok45 Posts: 21
    Options
    www.foodnetwork.com

You can search recipes based on your needs. (e.g. low cal, heart healthy, etc.)

Good luck! :happy:
  • mother23ts
    mother23ts Posts: 70
    Options
    i made strawberry cupcakes over the weekend - they turned out to be 90 calories. just a package of strawberry cake mix + a can of diet cherry 7-up. they were sooooo yummy! :love:

oh! and just bake as you normally would, as directed on the box.
    Thats cool! How many calories were they?