Knowing when I had enough! Have you?

Options
Let me start off by saying I am no expert. I have tried many time to lose weight and never really had much success in keeping it off.Being determined to lose weight was the 1st step for me. Stopping and starting and back and forth was making it harder and harder each time.

About 4 yrs ago I started to eat right and go to gym and in 8 months lost 52 lbs. That was great until I began to cheat. Well, after 2 yrs I stop exercising and gained back what I lost and packed on an additional 40 lbs.

So here I am. I know I have had enough. On Oct 6,2011 I began my new lifestyle and so far have lost 28 lbs. I began using myfitnesspal last week so I have entered my weight and lost 4.4 lbs using the application. This is the 1st time using any type of tracking and I look forward to getting myself back to my ideal weight.

I am confident we can all achieve our goal as long as we stay focused and determined!

Wish you all success! Have you had enough?

Replies

• MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    Hi LenL

I agree, I certainly have had enough! :) Congrats on the 28lbs so far and good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I was a chronic yo-yo dieter. Horrible at it, was always doing it for all the wrong reasons and etc.. Well I had enough one day. It's now been going on 6 months, lost almost 100 pounds. Nothing can stop me, I've hit plenty of rough patches that would normally make me go back to the ways before the lifestyle change. Biggest thing, this isn't a diet, or anything like that. I've accepted it as a lifestyle change. I didn't change to only eating *x* food. I changed to how much I eat, and etc. I also have finally worked out and really worked out. I joined a gym and I don't have to talk myself into going, I just do. It's part of my schedule and that is what I do when it's time to do it! I've came to really enjoy it!
  • LenL
    LenL Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a reply. I wish you success also.
  • LenL
    LenL Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks for everything you said. I feel the same way. 100lbs is awesome and I'm sure you worked really hard. I enjoy going to the gym everyday also. I know that this is a life style and I am determined like so many others here to achieve our goals.