strength training exercises

Options
Could someone give me some advice for some kind of resource (book, internet site, etc) to find good strength training exercises? I've been doing the same ones - just changing the weights and reps - for almost a year now. I'm pretty bored and I think my body is too. I dont want major muscles, just some good toning and strengthening.
Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• karimcguire
    Options
    Could someone give me some advice for some kind of resource (book, internet site, etc) to find good strength training exercises? I've been doing the same ones - just changing the weights and reps - for almost a year now. I'm pretty bored and I think my body is too. I dont want major muscles, just some good toning and strengthening.
    Thanks for any advice!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    You can find really good fitness videos on youtube.
  • katemadrigal
    Options
    I ordered one a couple years ago from SHAPE magazine's website called 'Do It Right; The 75 Best Body Sculpting Exercises for Women". I still refer to it. It's spiral bound and has a section for each muscle group with multiple exercises using various things like dumbells, stability balls, benches, chairs, etc. I found it very useful and easy to follow, adding some variety into my workout. You should check the site out to see if you can find something similar.

Good Luck!
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    exercisetv.tv
  • jayrod119
    jayrod119 Posts: 1
    Options
    Look up P90X on teambeachbody.com It's a great home fitness workout that will help tone your body. Probably the best I've seen so far.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    :heart: P90X:heart:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    The problem with P90X is that I can't afford it. I agree with Youtube. It even shows you proper form.
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper's book called "Are You Ready" has a great section in the back of the book with all kinds of strength training workouts with pictures, explanations, and suggestions for what to do when. The rest of the book has great info in it too!
  • ckroys
    ckroys Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've used these sites to get lots of different exercises, as well as lots of great info:

http://www.strength-training-woman.com/strength-training-exercises.html
    (I actually went through and printed all the exercises on here and made a booklet out of it for handy reference when I'm working out - otherwise when I'm trying to change it up, I wouldn't remember the other exercises and would have to keep running to the computer! )

http://www.exercisegoals.com/exercise-database.html

Hope these help! :flowerforyou: