Options

Replies

• klhbekool
    Options
    What danniellexxx said is true.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    About 20 lbs too much, but you're getting there.
    You're doing great!

Keep on working toward peak fitness and let nothing stand in your way.
    Good Luck!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find this topic a little strange, and by a little, I mean very.

i do. there are other online community that do this sort of thing. i am here for support not to guess someones weight and insult them when im wrong

Or she wants attention, which I guess we're giving her.

Also, the main way people look lighter than they are (particularly women) is by being really muscular.
  • MGtheGIRL
    MGtheGIRL Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    no i don't want attention i just wanted to see what people thought i weigh and see how much more i need to lose!!!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    no i don't want attention i just wanted to see what people thought i weigh and see how much more i need to lose!!!!

Whenever you feel comfortable with your weight, the you know you are there.

BMI wise 125-135
  • MaximalLife
    Options
    Again, you're doing great, and people in your life may try to discourage you out of envy, and you just let those mean comments roll off your back like water off a duck.

The best revenge is to live well!
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options

Ok I don't think your fat and the guy who said 20 more pounds is just messing with you. If YOU decide to lose more weight because YOU want to then that's ok. Just stay in a range that's healthy for you.
  • Alicja_W
    Alicja_W Posts: 169
    Options
    Does anyone else find this topic a little strange, and by a little, I mean very.

i do. there are other online community that do this sort of thing. i am here for support not to guess someones weight and insult them when im wrong

Or she wants attention, which I guess we're giving her.

Also, the main way people look lighter than they are (particularly women) is by being really muscular.

I may agree with you :ohwell: but its her decision if she wants attention this way ...
  • becky2967
    Options
    im english so dont do pounds, but i would say about 10 stone? ^ didnt look at other commentsa incase you already said!
  • MGtheGIRL
    Options
    i am about 10 stone
  • MaximalLife
    Options

Ok I don't think your fat and the guy who said 20 more pounds is just messing with you. If YOU decide to lose more weight because YOU want to then that's ok. Just stay in a range that's healthy for you.
    No, that's the low end of her BMI range.

She asked, so I answered as honestly as I could.
    Too often what we get here is what I call the estrogen echo chamber.

Right on!
    You go girl!
    And blah blah blah....

I tell the truth as I see it and what I would be shooting for given the same circumstances.
  • Buttondownlip
    Buttondownlip Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    People are so rude. I thought 150's because that is how I look in that range...but I am 5'5"

Great work...I started at 196, isn't it a great feeling.
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I saw that rope too and wondered the same thing!
  • MGtheGIRL
    Options
    the rope is a fan switcher!!!!! i can't reach the little chain...we have tall ceiling !!!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    ok i am 145.6 lbs.......the reason i asked this question is because yesterday i was called fat and i don't entirely agree with that.....i used to be 185.5 but lost before MFP and since on MFP have lost 22lbs

people are rude, you've done well, and don't let them trick you into thinking you need to do more than what your own goals are.
  • rgbink
    rgbink Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    142 but you look good
  • MGtheGIRL
    Options
    ok i am 145.6 lbs.......the reason i asked this question is because yesterday i was called fat and i don't entirely agree with that.....i used to be 185.5 but lost before MFP and since on MFP have lost 22lbs

people are rude, you've done well, and don't let them trick you into thinking you need to do more than what your own goals are.

thanks
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    No, that's the low end of her BMI range.

She asked, so I answered as honestly as I could.

Not everyone can reasonably be at the low end of their BMI range. I've been in the low end of my BMI range. Doing so meant a diet that consisted mostly of celery and coffee (no milk, non-caloric sweetener), a lot of time on an elliptical with low resistance, and maintaining very little muscle (i.e. skinny fat). It wasn't healthy for me mentally or physically. I think I would start aiming for the middle of the healthy weight range (or even a few pounds above), and see how you feel when you get there.

At the risk of sounding like someone's mother, people calling you fat has as much, or more, to do with them than you. A lot of people have weight issues, and they put them onto you. Also, if they know you used to be heavier, they probably realize it's a good way to push your buttons.

Finally, I wouldn't base whether you need to lose weight on how much a bunch of people on an internet forum think you weigh (especially since most of them didn't know your height). If you really need advice on what a healthy weight for you is, talk to a healthcare provider (e.g. a doctor, nurse, dietitian).
  • PatBCarolina
    Options