How much do you think i weigh???? w/pic

Options
124»

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't think your fat and the guy who said 20 more pounds is just messing with you. If YOU decide to lose more weight because YOU want to then that's ok. Just stay in a range that's healthy for you.
    No, that's the low end of her BMI range.

She asked, so I answered as honestly as I could.

Not everyone can reasonably be at the low end of their BMI range. I've been in the low end of my BMI range. Doing so meant a diet that consisted mostly of celery and coffee (no milk, non-caloric sweetener), a lot of time on an elliptical with low resistance, and maintaining very little muscle (i.e. skinny fat). It wasn't healthy for me mentally or physically. I think I would start aiming for the middle of the healthy weight range (or even a few pounds above), and see how you feel when you get there.

At the risk of sounding like someone's mother, people calling you fat has as much, or more, to do with them than you. A lot of people have weight issues, and they put them onto you. Also, if they know you used to be heavier, they probably realize it's a good way to push your buttons.

Finally, I wouldn't base whether you need to lose weight on how much a bunch of people on an internet forum think you weigh (especially since most of them didn't know your height). If you really need advice on what a healthy weight for you is, talk to a healthcare provider (e.g. a doctor, nurse, dietitian).
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Well Said!
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It's really not a question that's real wise to ask, unless you're willing to hear all the answers. And even then, well, I wouldn't recommend a bunch of threads like this.

Back to topic, though, you're looking good, great job! Keep up the hard work, and if you're looking to lose more, I wish you the best of luck with it, & if you're happy here, best of luck maintaining. :) don't worry so much about what others think of your look if you are happy with your size, just enjoy your health and happiness!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    You look great and you shouldn't let what people say bother you. I have learned to tune that out a long time ago. I am proud of you for losing the weight. Congrats, and here's to the rest you need to lose :drinker: !! You can do it, I know you can!!
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ok i am 145.6 lbs.......the reason i asked this question is because yesterday i was called fat and i don't entirely agree with that.....i used to be 185.5 but lost before MFP and since on MFP have lost 22lbs
    DING DING DING...I think I get the prize!!!! I said 5'4 and 145 in the very beginning. Spot on with the height and .6 off on the weight. Am I good or what?
    You look great. Don't listen to that person, they are just being mean!