goat cheese

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
How long does an open package last in the fridge? Until it's moldy? Also, what do you use it for? I have some leftover from a roasted veggie sandwich.

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    How long does an open package last in the fridge? Until it's moldy? Also, what do you use it for? I have some leftover from a roasted veggie sandwich.
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey,

If your goat cheese was fresh to begin with, a week is probably your best bet. It can probably last longer, but if you do that keep an eye on it for mold, and if the taste is off, toss it. I crumble goat cheese over my salad (really good with balsamic dressing, spinach and strawberries). Hope that helps, enjoy your cheese :laugh:
  • Jeepluvr99
    Jeepluvr99 Posts: 12
    Options
    I used to put goat cheese on my salads mostly and some soups. At one of the steakhouses here they serve something called a "wedge." It is 1/4 of a head of iceberg lettuce, topped with cubed/diced tomatoes, crumbled (either bleu or goat) cheese and light Ranch dressing--YUMMY! But now I eat little cheese at all. :( Cheese was one of my many downfalls, but occasionally I indulge in a small amount so I don't go crazy and pig out. Hope this helps? -R

208784.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary