Support and Motivation? Here's some for you all

Options
Today's society makes women feel that even at a size 6 they are too fat and need to be a size 0 no matter their bone structure or height. Hell even back in the Golden Age of Hollywood studios preferred their actresses to be certain sizes. One of the most iconic actresses of her day was subject to this... and this was Marilyn Monroe. However by today's standards she would be considered to weigh and wear sizes that the average American woman currently wears.

marilynsmeasurments.gif

Marilyn_Monroe_happy.jpg

This woman, who was used and by the studio system worked to maintain her body shape from when she was discovered in her late teen years.

Marilyn was not Barbie perfect, and no woman should be. The actualy dimensions of Barbie translated onto a real woman would cause the woman to topple over, back problems and much more.

I say everyone should work to get to and maintain a weight that is healthy for themselves based on their age, bone structure and sex.

I want to congratulate everyone on this site for their commitments to getting healthy and for getting to their goals.

I know that it has been a difficult road, however I am thankful for having the support of my friends and family to help be get from 173 lbs to 126.8lbs and a combined total of 39 inches all over, :drinker: here's to losing another 10-25 more and getting to my "healthy" weight and look.

Comparison.jpg
(my before and current picture)

Replies

• jessbarnett08
    jessbarnett08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How tall was she? I'd love to have similar measurements, but don't know how similar body types are. How do you even measure bone structure? I've heard of some people doing that, but I don't know exactly how.
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe, according to the studio and dressmakers was 5 ft 5.5 inches in height.

And by bone structure I mean whether someone has a naturally large rib cage, long bones, stuff like that... because let's face it, 2/3rds of our weight comes from bones, skin, and muscle. The rest of it comes from however much fat we have on our body.

I hope this helps!
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Can't believe that as of today I have been on MFP for 11 months!