5'4" - 5'6" 165-180 pounds?

Options

Replies

• jessbarnett08
    jessbarnett08 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm one inch over in tallness, but fit in the weight area. I've gained over 40 pounds from highschool through college. I'm graduating in May and am really wanting to get back down to 145lbs. My boyfriend is always trying to get me to workout with him, but I am almost phobically (i know this is not a word) shy about being around other people when I workout. I tried a C25K program in the fall, but I couldn't get to the end and lost pretty much all motivation to exercise and eat right by Halloween. Really needing motivation and accountability I guess.
  • wildiriss
    wildiriss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    5'4" and 165! I'm trying to get down to 125 by summer. Feel free to add me if any of y'all need support!
  • choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and 178. Add me!
  • chai_latte
    chai_latte Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like :)

I am 5'3'', started off at 171 and now at 156, my goal is to lose another 25-30 lbs.

goodluck!!!
  • taradactyl81
    Options
    Hi! Im 5'5 and about 170 lbs. I would like to return to my size 8 jeans and 137 lbs. Happy New Year and good luck!
  • bethnapp
    bethnapp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and TRYING to lose about 30lbs. I've been doing the Ideal Protein diet and it's starting to come off! 6lbs in 2 weeks. Not too shabby! :)
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started MFP early this year 2011 weighing over 150 at 5'3 Im now down to 126.5 as of this morning.. 6lbs left to go till I reach my last mini goal and a new wardrobe :-)
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and 187 pounds.... I started MFP in April at 245! My goal is 160/155 becuase I have weighed this much before and felt fantastic, but I have since had twins so I may need to lose more to help with the baby belly lol

Good luck everyone!
  • cjhamh
    cjhamh Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4". I started at 195 and now I'm down to 147. Pant size was 18 and now I'm in a 8. Feel free to add me if anyone would like. I do not have a lot of friends on here and need all the motivation I can get to keep this weight off!
  • PurpleSweetpea
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4 and 175 pounds. Denied the weight gain but can't any longer.

Used the excuse of a broken foot last year and unfortunately had a rough 6 months with my father being ill and passing away. Lost all sense of caring about weight and motivation was non existant.

Hoping 2012 will be better all round.
  • sreeves1429
    sreeves1429 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and topped the scales earlier this year at 289 lbs., I am now at 185 lbs. and my goal is to ultimately get to 150 - 155 lbs. I think your goals are very realistic and well thought out. I am sure you will have no problem attaining your goals. Add me, would like to have more friendly support. :happy:
  • Capiday
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 165 lbs (29 y.o.) as well. I weighed 118 lbs 4 years ago...now one wonderful marriage and two adorable babies later...voila. :( I did get back down to a reasonable weight when my older son turned a year old in the Spring of 2010 (129 lbs). Hit 200 lbs when I had my little girl this past May...and the weight is just not coming off at all. Pesky kids! ;) Ideally, I would love to get back down to 115-120...but really, I'd be happy with 135! So my weight loss goal is between 30 and 50 lbs, depending on how I look and feel. Started C25K today...but I know I will have to diet and get some additional exercise. Hard when you're nursing and running after a almost 3 year old. Scared...but really need to do it. Add me if you have similar goals...need some friends!
  • andrea2011ka
    andrea2011ka Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'7" and have creeped up to 184 the past few months. My goal is to drop 26 lbs and get my core strong so I can start exercising. I've enjoyed running in the past but will try walking on the treadmill for a while. Feel free to add me!!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm at 5'-5.5" and am 182 on 01/03/2012. I had a pretty good week last week but haven't seen the results, yet. Here's to a good first week of the new year! I will let you know. I cannot wait to be in the 170s again!
  • justjess575
    justjess575 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 1/2" and right now I weigh 189. My goal is to lose 40 lbs by August for my BF's Wedding. I want to be a smokin' bridesmaid not the 'big' friend. I started a little weight lost group in my town and I'm hoping to lose 10 lbs in January. I would love to be friends and encourage one another!
  • innerbetty
    innerbetty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'5" and 175ish, 28 y.o. I had gotten down to 170 but the holidays, and leg issues have seriously sabbotaged my goals. I would like to weigh 160lbs by mid March..holidays in Cuba (with a friend whos gf is 100lbs soaking wet!) Not trying to compare myself to her as I know I'll never get there, but I want to enjoy myself not worry about how I look. My ultimate goal is currently 145 lbs, but I feel like if I can get there I might try for more.
    Please feel free to add me. I'm always looking for support and more than willing to give it. :)
    justjess575, Jillica, and sreeves1429 I've added you :)
  • atampa
    atampa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Im back with mfp after having a baby. i am as high as 173 and need to get to about 140. Last time using mfp i lost 20 pounds and im confident i can do it again, just a little harder with a baby.

feel free to add me as a friend!

Alyson
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    im 5'6" i started at 178lbs i want to be 145lbs.....right now im at 166lbs.....i still have some ways to go but i know i can do it :)
  • maniv01
    maniv01 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'5.8" started at 152lbs this time last year... founded MFP along the way, losed 12lbs by June but didn't really loose the body fat till I starting trianing for half marathons. Went from size 6/8 in June to 4 now and still haven't lose any more weight. I'm still at 140lbs, it's weird!!I Friend me if you want. My workout now consist of 4 days running and 2 days weight training. I still eat healthy meals and lots of cake. :()
  • sreeves1429
    sreeves1429 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    5'-5.5" tall, 181 lbs, 36 years old

My highest ever was 13 years ago at 213 lbs.
    My lowest (since high school) was 8 years ago at 169 lbs.
    My over-portioned, processed, bread-loving food habits working out only 3 times a week have settled me in at an 188 lbs average.

My story - in high school, I was active in sports but would always gain 10 lbs during every summer while I wasn't in sports.
    Sophomore - 135 + 10 in summer
    Junior - 145 + 10 in summer
    Senior - 155 + 10 after basketball + 15 summer before college
    College - 180 + another 10 lbs! = 190 + beer + fast food + beer + no exercising + beer = 213 lbs!

At 152, I would have an acceptable BMI so that is my goal. Once I hit that...
    142 lbs would rock, but I would love to see if I could be...
    132 lbs but I don't know how realistic that goal is for me.

PLEASE FEEL FREE to honeslty comment on my goals based on your own experiences. It is great that you guys are all similar in weight and I would LOVE to know if 142 is possible, is 132 possible?

I feel the same as you, I am 5'6" and thought 160 was a reasonable goal, but now I am considering whether or not it would be possible to go lower. People can be incredibly inconsiderate and I have already been "cautioned" about losing too much weight by "well-meaning" individuals, but I am going to take it one pound at a time and see how far I can run with this.