What? Go to a bar and NOT have a beer???

Options
JDHINAZ
JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
YES! Last night we went to a going away party for a friend of ours at our neighborhood sports bar...it's like our Cheers. They've got a great selection of microbrews on tap, awesome bar food, the waitresses know what beer I like and what food I get there. So anyway, my husband and I decided to have eat dinner at home before meeting up with everyone. Had a nice, pretty healthy dinner, and I was a little worried about wanting to have a beer when I got there. And yet....I didn't even think twice when we ordered. "Water, please".

I had a great time...laughed, talked, watched everyone else eat their pizza, sliders, fries, etc. And I didn't even miss it! In fact, I didn't even realize I'd "gone without" until tonight! It made me so happy! It's a little victory that made me feel like I just took another step down my path to a healthier me...

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    Options
    YES! Last night we went to a going away party for a friend of ours at our neighborhood sports bar...it's like our Cheers. They've got a great selection of microbrews on tap, awesome bar food, the waitresses know what beer I like and what food I get there. So anyway, my husband and I decided to have eat dinner at home before meeting up with everyone. Had a nice, pretty healthy dinner, and I was a little worried about wanting to have a beer when I got there. And yet....I didn't even think twice when we ordered. "Water, please".

I had a great time...laughed, talked, watched everyone else eat their pizza, sliders, fries, etc. And I didn't even miss it! In fact, I didn't even realize I'd "gone without" until tonight! It made me so happy! It's a little victory that made me feel like I just took another step down my path to a healthier me...
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Small successes mean the world. They are usually the moments when you can say to yourself " I can do this!!!"
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • marshall153
    marshall153 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think one of the other people at the bar was me.... :laugh: congrats!! I hope to do the same from tomorrow.....
  • foxyketty1206
    foxyketty1206 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    YOU GO GIRL!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is awesome!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great accomplishment
  • bbuchanan1
    bbuchanan1 Posts: 17
    Options
    So proud of you! When I go...I must admit I will have a light beer. Yummy! I'm willing to give up something for it! Going with my sister and friends today and will have one. My plan is to drink H2O along with it.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    well done! :flowerforyou:
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    Wow, you have more willpower than I would have haha... way to go!!
  • tiff1632
    tiff1632 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You go girl!! I gave up alcohol a while ago... never missed it!! However, being 25 and going out with friends and ask for Ice Tea....well I got made fun of until they noticed I am getting biceps! :laugh: Before I eat or drink anything I ask myself...am I hungry and I am going to have to go to the gym to burn it off after I eat it (it is worth it)? If it is worth it (CHOCOLATE is always worth it to me!) I eat and then make a mental note to burn it off within 3 hours.

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: TOTALLY worth it!!
  • JDHINAZ
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. It is all the little things that add up. We have to remember to celebrate them more than beating ourselves up of the bad. Have a good weekend, one and all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!