End of the Year Progress!

Options
darlilama
darlilama Posts: 794 Member
I joined MFP in July of this year, after my annual physical. I'd been waiting for that physical to give me the last bit of motivation I needed to actually start changing my eating habits and to drive me to increase my level of exercise. Well, my doctor told me like it was, so here I am 6 months later and 30 lbs lighter and back within my healthy BMI range! Here's some progress pics. I don't have an "utimate weight goal" yet. I've just been taking baby steps and letting my success push me farther. I doubt that I'll lose a lot more, but I'll just have to see what next year brings. I need a goal weight that I can maintain without killing myself. I'm really anxious to see what my blood work looks like now, too! I know I FEEL better!

Best of luck to you all in the New Year! Thanks to all my MFP friends for being helpful, supportive, and inspirational!
:drinker:

DarlaAfter2011-12-29.png

Replies

• darlilama
    Options
    Ah, geez, it's getting late here. I totally forgot the "Before" pic! Here it is!

th_DarlaBefore2011-08-01at1035.jpg[\img]th_DarlaBefore22011-08-01.jpg[\img]
  • darlilama
    Options
    Try again…

?action=view&current=DarlaBefore2011-08-01at1035.jpg
    ?action=view&current=DarlaBefore22011-08-01.jpg
  • darlilama
    Options
    Oh, poo. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Worked the first time. Last try...
    DarlaBefore2011-08-01at1035.jpg
    DarlaBefore22011-08-01.jpg
  • Andrealeah32
    Options
    YOu look FABULOUS!!! Way to go :) What is your ultimate goal?
  • kristenherrera
    kristenherrera Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look greAt! Such a good figure :)
  • mathlete99
    mathlete99 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What a great year you have had! Your progress is inspiring :) Here's to 2012 and what it holds for you.
  • darlilama
    Options
    YOu look FABULOUS!!! Way to go :) What is your ultimate goal?

Don't have an "ultimate" goal yet… My ultimate goal is a healthy weight that I can maintain without feeling miserable doing it! :happy: At this point, I'm taking 5lb steps until I figure that out! I think I'd like to lose another 10-15 lbs, which would put me in the bottom third of my BMI range. But, realistically, I'll probably only lose 5-10lbs more and then work on really toning/building muscle. At that point, I probably won't worry about the scale, I'll worry about what I see in the mirror. I could lose only another 5-10 lbs, but LOOK like I've lost 15 at least once I start really working on the muscle tone. Oh, I'll just have to see where it goes. :tongue:
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fabulous
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!