I am getting a divorce

Options
pixiestick
pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
I have been in a very unhealthy relationship for over 12 years. He has abused my self-esteem, jerked me around, given me cold and hard numbers when I needed something more. So I finally did it. I said no more... I said: "Scale, I will be ruled by you no more!"

He is now demoted from his prominent place in my get-healthy goals... he is now just one of the many tools that will help me achieve what I want from this experience. But I will no longer be 'friends-with-benefits' because I am sick of my week being ruled for good or naught by those stupid numbers. Sick. Let the biggest loser contestants obsess about the pound-counting, staying up late an worrying about what terror Mr. Scale is going to inflict on them. Not me. We might see each other in passing once a month or so... maybe even once every two months.... but I'm getting a divorce and rescuing myself from this endless and sick mental cycle.

:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:

Replies

• pixiestick
    Options
    I have been in a very unhealthy relationship for over 12 years. He has abused my self-esteem, jerked me around, given me cold and hard numbers when I needed something more. So I finally did it. I said no more... I said: "Scale, I will be ruled by you no more!"

He is now demoted from his prominent place in my get-healthy goals... he is now just one of the many tools that will help me achieve what I want from this experience. But I will no longer be 'friends-with-benefits' because I am sick of my week being ruled for good or naught by those stupid numbers. Sick. Let the biggest loser contestants obsess about the pound-counting, staying up late an worrying about what terror Mr. Scale is going to inflict on them. Not me. We might see each other in passing once a month or so... maybe even once every two months.... but I'm getting a divorce and rescuing myself from this endless and sick mental cycle.

:laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • melbug25
    melbug25 Posts: 50
    Options
    You're hilarious!! You totally had me thinking sad thoughts before i read your post! Good for you! :drinker: I need to stop obsessing about the numbers too, but I really think i'm addicted to knowing my weight!! I can't stop!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but i don't know if I like you right now lol :grumble: I was like awww I have so been there so I was going to give you some motivating speech and be a shoulder....

But i totally agree......about the scale lol
  • pixiestick
    Options
    Oh no, sculley. Sorry! I thought that by posting it in the 'chit-chat, fun, and games' section, all would be well and cute... :noway:

hope I don't lead anyone else astray (except that it is serious. I mean, I cannot even count the number of times that the stupid scale has sabotaged my motivation. :devil: It's so stupid).
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your scale divorce!!:drinker: :drinker: :laugh:
  • susadam1325
    susadam1325 Posts: 10
    Options
    HA! I thought it was from your significant other! I love the scale divorce, I think we should all get those once in awhile! :bigsmile:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! Stay strong, woman! :happy:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    honey u are stoo cute. At first i was ready to run and give you ahug but you made this a funny thing great!!!!
  • godsgrl
    godsgrl Posts: 49
    Options
    Yay! I totally got your joke! I've divorced mine too. I'm not going to be one of those people who *accepts myself the way I am* and quit trying, but I'm also NOT going to base my life around what my scale says. (Something I caught myself doing. Ugh.)

Good for you, girl! :drinker:
  • kukaluk
    kukaluk Posts: 15
    Options
    tooo funny! I like alot of others was saddened by the title, but was quickly brought to laughter. Good for you!! I think many of us need to go through the same divorce. Good on you gurl! and thx for a good chuckle.
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    Good luck and I hope you find something that makes you happy! Your measuring tape maybe:laugh:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I love it girl!!! You made my laugh this morning and everything you said is so true.
    WAY TO GO!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • newlifestyle36
    Options
    LOL:laugh: :laugh: I divored my scale to i put it away until it's time to weigh myself or i would be on it like every day and it's not always nice to me so now i only see it every two weeks lol:laugh:
  • manganello16
    Options
    :laugh: You're so right though, at the end of every week I absolutely dread stepping on that scale! It should be more about the way my body looks and feels than the numbers that scale keeps spitting back at me! :happy: :tongue: :wink: :smile:

192119.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    hahaha... cute!:laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Good for you PS.

P.S. I know some people, for the right price, we could take care of your scale for you and .... you know.... make it look like an accident!

Shhhhh, I wasn't hear, I never spoke to you....
  • esme86
    esme86 Posts: 11
    Options
    :laugh: good one
  • bbuchanan1
    bbuchanan1 Posts: 17
    Options
    LOL! I was soooooo sad for you! As soon as I saw the topic my heart sank. Then I read the post and was actually enlightened and could understand. Way to go! Leave him in the closet, under the bed, in a cabinet, or any place he can not look at you and cause you to feel guilty and take him back! Stay strong.
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    What an awesome idea - I'm going to divorce mine too and try to meet just once a month for review of proceedings.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I need your motivation to do the same thing...

Just see the headlines - .......Mass divorces cause Scale Companies Mass lay offs....