Ideas for post-workout snacks

Options
A lot of times after I work out I get really hungry and feel like I need to eat something but don't want a whole meal. Any ideas for healthy and filling snacks to have after workouts? I've tried grabbing a piece of fruit or something which works for like 5 minutes but then I'm hungry again...

Replies

• LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I always carry a fresh, whole Fuji apple in my pocket and I gobble it in the car after every gym workout. Apples are wonderful for restoring depleted nutrients after a vigorous workout and they fill you up too.
  • quietpotato
    quietpotato Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a few slices of deli turkey. I'm always hungry after a workout and I find high protein low cal turkey to be perfect. It's filling and long lasting.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I like Clif Kid Z bars. They're pretty high in sugar, but they're organic, whole grain and very filling for the 130 calories.
  • Fromny2hi
    Options
    I would drink a lot of water and then eat a piece of fruit...that way the water would fill me up before the fruit would.
  • cnick21
    cnick21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just finished an intense workout and had a whole grain pita pocket with veggies and a sprinkle of cheese and of course---H20!! However sometimes I'll also have a slice of turkey in a pita or tortilla (wrap-style) with a few pretzels...definitely satisfies that hunger without overdoing it :)
  • bettyp304
    bettyp304 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had an Asian Apple Pear today after my run with some peanut butter. I also like string cheese and almonds or peanuts.
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Have you tried a protein shake with fruit mixed in? I'm good for a few hours.