Do banana's help for running?

Options
I had a friend a long time ago and he said he would eat so many banana's before running to help with cramps. I don't remember the number he said, is there a number to eat?

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    One banana for every 17 pounds of body weigts.
  • Michael_23
    Options
    Just one would do just fine. High in potassium (cramps etc) and Low GI carbohydrates to fuel your run.
  • donitchell
    donitchell Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That means i'd have to eat 10 bananas before i went running, don't think i'd get out of the door as i'd be on the toilet, lmao.
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    One banana for every 17 pounds of body weigts.

per fortnight?
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    hahaha
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    That means i'd have to eat 10 bananas before i went running, don't think i'd get out of the door as i'd be on the toilet, lmao.
    Actually, it would probably have the opposite effect. Bananas are the 'B' in the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) to alleviate diarrhea. 10 bananas and you might not go for a week...
  • AviaBatyah
    AviaBatyah Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will try one. I have not had cramps yet but don't want them. I remember high school P.E, no fun. I thought he said 3 or so but not sure. Bless you all for responding :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Due to their potassium, bananas are sometimes recommended to prevent charlie horses from occurring, so perhaps that's where your friend's logic came from.