2011: Year in review (w/pics - warning, unsightly semi-nudit

Options
Zomoniac
Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
After 7 years of horrendous self-abuse through binge-eating and laziness, I turned into a complete mess. After finally peaking at 16.5 stone early November 2010 I decided it was finally time to not just speculate changing myself, but to actually do it, so last new year's day I took some pictures, 1 stone already lost, to use as a benchmark. Sorry you had to see this:

before.jpg

A few weeks after that I joined MFP. In this last 14 months I've gone down the best part of 5 stone. I've gone from not being able to do a 5k at all to getting my time down to under 21 minutes. When I started, I could barely do a light jog for 3km. I can now do a half marathon in a bit under 2 hours. It's completely transformed my body, my life and my happiness. So big thanks to everyone on here who has supported me in that time. I've still got a long way to go (not helped by this Christmas, I've put on 5lbs in the last 2 weeks so even the after pictures are leaving a lot to be desired!). I've got my waist down 8", and my body fat down from over 30% to 17.5%. I've now reached a stage where scale weight no longer becomes a benchmark, so my target for 2012 is to get my body fat down to under 12%. Hopefully with the support of the MFP crew it should be a breeze ;-)

Me, 365 days later...

after.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!