Ladies: Sports Bras?

Options
Any recommendations on where to buy/brands for larger busted women? I wear a 44D now in regular bras but am unsure about what brands/sizes for the sports bras. The ones I wear now are 40D's but they don't hold me in at all. I need something that won't give at all.

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty small busted(36B) but from reading on these threads before a lot of bustier ladies like Champion Sports Bra or the tata tamer from LuLu Lemon.

Do a google search too and I'm sure that you will find a ton :)
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I use Moving Comfort - keeps the girls quiet while I work out. They are pricey, but do the trick and they do have DD.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I've tried a lot of them, but CHampion is my favorite. You can find them at OneHanesPlace (the store or the website. Make sure you get the ones with bra sizes, not the ones that you pull over your head.
  • kenyonsmom10
    kenyonsmom10 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    good question... i currently wear a normal sports bra along with my regular daily bra and it is a pain! LOL.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    wish I could help but I am still waiting for mine to develop LOL
  • meyaotrr120
    meyaotrr120 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love all of my Champion sports bras. They fit really well and some are made with great support. Look for a sports bra made for high impact sports and they should have the best support. Champion bras worked for me when I was a 38DD and running daily.
    I went into a store that stocked sports bras and tried a whole heap of them on and took note of the few that I liked, then went home and ordered them online. Good luck
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Ive seen those sizes at our local Walmart to be honest.. Not sure about the Walmarts in your area though..

They are so comfy to wear!
  • sharishopalot
    sharishopalot Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello.. I am a 36g and have had the worst luck with sports bras. I need lots of support for my girls. The one I purchased is a NIKE brand sports bra. bought it at my local sporting goods store.. Good Luck and let us know what you find.. :-)
  • RyaneC
    RyaneC Posts: 14
    Options
    What I do, since I can't afford a high dollar NICE sports bra... I double up and wear two of them. This works well for horseback riding so I don't see why it'd be any different for working out. I'm a 38DD.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I was told go up a back size and down a cup size for sports bras, which seems to work for me.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    If those brands don't have the sizes for you (and they might not), try Title 9 sports (online). They have TONS of bras for full figured women, with a huge size range. They are pricey but it might be worth it for you.
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    Www.enell.com

I play soccer and run a lot and I am a size F and this bra has been a lifesaver. It is expensive, but I have one that has lasted four years, I hand wash it once a week.
  • BrittanieGo
    BrittanieGo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    agreeing with Title9.com! A little on the spendy side but they have sales and clearance often
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've had a moving comfort one a few years ago, but I prefer the Champion brand for my girls! Good luck!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Best brand - shock absorber D+. Nothing will move in one of those if you get the fit right. For aerobics I use a Freya underwired sports bra, but for running and full on stuff, the shock absorber.

I was a 32HH when I started this, am now a 28E and depressingly can almost run in a normal bra these days.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I use Moving Comfort - keeps the girls quiet while I work out. They are pricey, but do the trick and they do have DD.

I started at a 42DD (I'm now a 38DD) and I use these, too. Tip, though...buy them on Amazon.com--much cheaper that way. I really like these...I even wear them on non-workout days sometimes.
  • Dobesrule
    Options
    My personal preference is the Enell Sports Bra. You can order thru Amazon.
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I use Daskin sport (ones for high impact because my workouts have me bouncing all over the place). I love them! They're pretty much the only bras I wear anymore, they're great for both work and working out.