What are some good games for Wii?

Options
tanniew78
tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
We got one for Christmas and Id like some ideas on games to add to the collection. Nothing with too much jumping or whatever tho. Our floors suck and it wouldnt be good. lol.

Replies

• healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like the Just Dance series. I recently also got the Exerbeat, but there is a lot of down time on that...so I don't get a very good workout.
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fabulous
  • purplepanda
    purplepanda Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Wii Fit in Six program a lot lately. It is set up with a lot of jumping type moves, but I generally substitue lower impact moves that are similar because of back problems. This program doesn't monitor/compare your moves like some so there is more room for alterations in the moves to suit one's needs. One caveat: this game doesn't do the best at explaining what you're doing so you just have to watch their avatar and come as close as you can. It has a variety of activities (or classes) such as kickboxing, pilates, various dance, and strength training set to run from 2 to 35 minutes.
  • tanniew78
    Options
    Those sound fun. They dont all have to be exercise related tho. Im sure there are some gamers out there that have some cool ideas. Im loving the Mario and am addicted to the Titanic Hidden Objects game. HARD to do some of the puzzles tho. lol.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    absolutely get zumba 2
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Those sound fun. They dont all have to be exercise related tho.

Ohhh........ ok
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Mario Party!!!
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    mario kart, donkey kong country returns, just dance series, and zelda skyward sword.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    My kids got Epic Mickey for Christmas and just got Zelda: Skyward Sword today. I'm a Zelda fan, but they've refused to let me play until they beat the game first. :) Only fair since it is their game.
  • tanniew78
    Options
    Those sound fun. They dont all have to be exercise related tho.

Ohhh........ ok

What is that for? I posted this in the CHIT CHAT forum. Not everything in life is about diet, exercise and losing weight. I have KIDS that like to play too. Tho ANY idea is welcome. :bigsmile: Anything that lets me lose a some butt is always good.
  • tanniew78
    Options
    My kids got Epic Mickey for Christmas and just got Zelda: Skyward Sword today. I'm a Zelda fan, but they've refused to let me play until they beat the game first. :) Only fair since it is their game.

Ha ha. Mine know better. :laugh:
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old and I are Gleeks! So, of course, all of the Glee Karaoke games are awesome.
    We also love Michael Jackson Experience and Black Eye Peas Experience.
    Husband and daughter are all about the WWE12....
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My daughter got a new one Tetris Party and it is quite fun. We also enjoy the Lego Star Wars, Batman and Indiana Jones. Kids seem to LOVE those ones.

We have Smarty Pants which is fun to play as a family. I want to get Mario Kart and Mario Party eventually I have those on my old Gamecube which still works but they'd also play on the Wii if using the Gamecube controllers.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My daughter got a new one Tetris Party and it is quite fun. We also enjoy the Lego Star Wars, Batman and Indiana Jones. Kids seem to LOVE those ones. Next I want to get Glee ones for my daughter and possibly one day Band Hero. My brother has those on his PS3 so we play those but one day we won't live with him and will have to invest in our own Wii. I'm not a big fan of that many of the Playstation games so Will it will be plus she has a collection of games going.

We have Smarty Pants which is fun to play as a family. I want to get Mario Kart and Mario Party eventually I have those on my old Gamecube which still works but they'd also play on the Wii if using the Gamecube controllers.

Sorry was meant to edit but hit quote by accident and didn't pay attention. Got fireworks and bangs going around outside from New Year so I'm a bit jumpy.
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You have to get Mario Kart!!! its so much fun! i love it and my little cousin loves it
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    The new Zelda game:) Also, anything Mario
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I really like Super Mario Galaxy . It's like the mario game I used to play on Ninentdo 64 when I was younger (super mario world, I think?) It's by far my favorite game that I have. I just got the 2nd one for Christmas. I also like Mario Kart. I got Epic Mickey because I'd heard good things, but I only played a little and haven't touched it in months. I just wasn't impressed at all.

For fitness I really like EA active and Just Dance.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Just dance!!!
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    I have Wii Fit, Super Mario Bros., The Biggest Loser game and we have a few sports games that are cool because they are pretty active! I want the Zumba game, Jillian Michaels' games, Just Dance and also NHL Slapshot is pretty sweet too!