pink method

Options
Has anyone heard, tried, or no of someone personally that has lost using the pink method? My aunt found out about it and is starting it after the new year. I looked up on YouTube and found some good results but would love to hear more if yall know of any. I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.

Replies

• jeni_Giedd
    Options
    I have no clue = let me know - ok?
  • prettyontheinside
    Options
    I will let you know for sure I bought the program I hopefully will get it sometime next week. I will give people weekly updates if yall want.
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    I saw it on Dr. Phil, and would not waste $80 on it when I can log into MFP for free. Also, they promote rapid weight loss, and that is not good for maintaining the loss. I just think it's a bunch of crap- for lack of a better word.
  • lips0511
    Options
    I have never heard of it. I will have to look it up today.
    14028928.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Mtnchk1
    Mtnchk1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I saw this featured on The Doctors TV just yesterday. And the weight loss results varied a great deal (as they would) btwn the different women interviewed/featured...At no time were they advocating "rapid weight loss"....I've seen the "coordinator," Cynthia Pasquella, Certified Clinical Nutritionist, on there before... Other recipes & advice that she's had on previous shows were pretty spot on, but she was not herself featured in depth.... I have not had a chance to really look over her program but she did repeat that it was designed by women, FOR women, was meant to be customizable - ie: no "one size fits all" type program. That it is "progressive" - IOW: the workouts vary in intensity, which is excellent for folks who may not be doing any kind of regular purposeful regimen before starting this...Some workout programs are a little too "one size fits all" and can be very frustrating & intimidating to beginners, But, I think overall, many are getting more intelligent about that. It does seem to be competitively priced to other DVD workout programs...Understand that is the 'time of year" for the marketing push for ALL workout/diet programs because the biggest push for folks is the 1st 6 weeks of the new year & marketing means $$! so, we are all getting really bombarded with all of the new programs out there! That said, many of these (not all) will work/help - as long as you do! I personally have a P90X program that is pretty intense (I would NOT have my daughter use this one at this time!) & does work the way it says it will - when I use it!! ~Which I don't to the degree that I should! I think my concern would be to ask yourself what your commitment level is before spending the money? Which you have, so, in that case I would at least give it at least six weeks of honest try before deciding further.....

Let us know! & GOOD LUCK!! :)
  • prettyontheinside
    Options
    I will let you know I will get it in a week so I will give yall weekly updates when I start.
    I saw this featured on The Doctors TV just yesterday. And the weight loss results varied a great deal (as they would) btwn the different women interviewed/featured...At no time were they advocating "rapid weight loss"....I've seen the "coordinator," Cynthia Pasquella, Certified Clinical Nutritionist, on there before... Other recipes & advice that she's had on previous shows were pretty spot on, but she was not herself featured in depth.... I have not had a chance to really look over her program but she did repeat that it was designed by women, FOR women, was meant to be customizable - ie: no "one size fits all" type program. That it is "progressive" - IOW: the workouts vary in intensity, which is excellent for folks who may not be doing any kind of regular purposeful regimen before starting this...Some workout programs are a little too "one size fits all" and can be very frustrating & intimidating to beginners, But, I think overall, many are getting more intelligent about that. It does seem to be competitively priced to other DVD workout programs...Understand that is the 'time of year" for the marketing push for ALL workout/diet programs because the biggest push for folks is the 1st 6 weeks of the new year & marketing means $$! so, we are all getting really bombarded with all of the new programs out there! That said, many of these (not all) will work/help - as long as you do! I personally have a P90X program that is pretty intense (I would NOT have my daughter use this one at this time!) & does work the way it says it will - when I use it!! ~Which I don't to the degree that I should! I think my concern would be to ask yourself what your commitment level is before spending the money? Which you have, so, in that case I would at least give it at least six weeks of honest try before deciding further.....

Let us know! & GOOD LUCK!! :)
  • gracechild
    Options
    I have a friend that just started the diet about 2 days ago. She claims she has lost almost 4 pounds in the 2 days. I'm sure it is water loss. I personally don't agree with the rapid loss because it seems unhealthy and not a guarantee that the loss will be permanent. I guess if you want "rapid" loss verses a "healthy lifestyle change" this could be a diet for you. I think I will stick with more of the healthy lifestyle change. I wonder what her doctor thinks?
  • prettyontheinside
    Options
    What I have read about it so far is that you are changing your eating habits plus they have workouts. You don't eat any carbs for the first week to 2 weeks and than you gradually start putting them back in your diet it's kind of just helps you learn how to eat again but it is actually a book and has recipes on line. It doesn't promise that you will lose a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time so I am not understanding where yall are getting fast results and fast results don't last. I am not trying to be mean I just haven't read anything like that. It is a lot like p90x but it's easier for women to do. Even p90x it has a diet guide in it.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that just started the diet about 2 days ago. She claims she has lost almost 4 pounds in the 2 days. I'm sure it is water loss. I personally don't agree with the rapid loss because it seems unhealthy and not a guarantee that the loss will be permanent. I guess if you want "rapid" loss verses a "healthy lifestyle change" this could be a diet for you. I think I will stick with more of the healthy lifestyle change. I wonder what her doctor thinks?

It'll be water loss for sure. It's impossible to lose 4kg of fat in 2 days
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options

It was 4 pounds, not kg. Pounds are smaller than kg so it's about 1.8 kg, but I still agree it's probably water.
  • latinahada
    Options
    Saw it on Sr. Phil & The Doctors...I wouldn't pay for it, but that's my personal opinion. If I was clueless on nutrition, maybe...But I'm not...As it is supposed to have the added nutrition guide aspect in the method...
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

It was 4 pounds, not kg. Pounds are smaller than kg so it's about 1.8 kg, but I still agree it's probably water.

Sorry, where is my mind today - yes, even 1.8kg of fat is impossible to lose in 2 days, you can't argue with thermogenesis.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I saw it on Dr. Phil, looked pretty interesting but way to much for my taste. Good luck if you start it.
  • Ieshawk
    Ieshawk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I JUST ORDER MY PINK METHOD ON FRIDAY. IF YOU GO TO PINKMETHOD.COM IT WILLEXPLAIN MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM.
  • sallypink12
    Options
    I saw the Pink Method on Dr. Phil and the doctors last month. I ordered it and started yesterday. It is similar to other diet plans, but it also has 3 exercise videos as well. And as many diets as I have been on exercise has not been part of them, probally why I cant keep the weight off. The first few days of ny diet are water weight, but it is good motivation to see the scale going down. I hope it is consistant and this works. ANyone else who is trying it please let me know.
    Sally
  • morellab76
    Options
    I actually saw the program on Dr. Phil one day. For me personally I have been working out like that 5 days a week for almost a year now. Some of the inches have came off but I have found it is mostly what in the heck you put in your mouth! I AM A SWEET ADDICT....I am trying to cut it out ..........well most of it out LOL but to me it is such a mind game you have to get control over. If ya try it.....I truely wish you the best of luck though!
  • lizzyliz79
    lizzyliz79 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I got this program for Christmas this year, started it yesterday and down 2lbs in one day! I am aware it is just water, but like someone said previously, the scale is going down! It seems to make a lot of sense, the first phase is low carb, then in the next phases you add healthy carbs and start working out. I am pretty excited about it personally!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about this diet, but you can pretty much the same results by just creating a large enough calorie deficit.

I lost 14 lbs in 4 weeks following the Rosemary Conley diet (UK diet club) - for the 1st 2 weeks you're put on 1200 calories - and NO, you couldn't eat back any exercise calories. Obviously, if you exercise that created a a very big calorie deficit...

You have to choose something that easy enough for you to follow & maintain... because if you can't maintain that way of eating, you'll end up putting weight back on.
  • firegirlpj
    Options
    like many others, i 1st heard about this plan on the dr. phil show, and like the sucker that i am, i ordered it right away :o(

there is absolutely nothing revolutionary about this diet: protein shake for breakfast, 4oz protein + veggie for lunch and dinner. save your money! the workouts are similar to any boot camp type class. i'm sending this back for sure!!

apparently, dr. phil's son works for the woman who put the program together...now THAT explains a lot!
  • lizzyliz79
    lizzyliz79 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Might seem gimmicky but it is helping me a lot! Down 10LBS (!!!) in 7 days! I have never been able to do that before! Something about being on a program like this works for me. I need a regimen and written rules to follow. I'll admit I am hungry a lot of the time but it is getting better slowly, and seeing the weight fall of like this makes it worth it. And next week I can start eating more carbs so that will help too! I can't begin to explain my excitement!