Peanut butter junkies?

Options

Replies

• Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    :explode: I have several jars of varied brands in my house {I even have a few jars in my jump and war bag}. It is worse then crack. At least with crack you will drop a few lbs.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like Smart Balance

Same here. It uses flax seed oil as a binder instead of palm oil, which I assume is better...
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy PB2? I've never heard of it before tonight.
  • crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I tried the fancy organic stuff, but it was hard as a rock on the bottom, and no amount of stirring was going to change that. I switched to skippy natural. The ingredients are: peanuts, sugar, salt, and palm oil. I'm ok with that, and you don't have to stir it.

the trick with the natural stuff is to set it upside down after you get it home for a day or so and let the oil work it's way back to the top- or in this case the bottom... makes it much easier to stir.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    365 Organic from Whole Foods is great on Ezekiel 4:9 or any sprouted grain bread toasted is my drug of choice.
  • marlakayallen
    marlakayallen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    <deleted post>
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like Adam's Peanut Butter

This, and! Clean Eating magazine has these aMAzing almond butter cookies with chocolate chips that you'd probably enjoy. We're having a hard time finding almond butter since we moved but we replaced it with Adam's and they are still a great pb fix.

a note! If you get the organic peanut butter that needs stirring, just shake the jar! gently! It's way easier than stirring and doesn't get any spoons/knives dirty in the process. You'll need to be patient though.
  • vitaminn
    vitaminn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Total peanut butter junkie. hehe. crunchy, creamy...both at once. In a personal push to eat organic, i now only buy (unless its an emergency and i havent planned ahead..haha) MaraNatha Organic No Stir. Yum
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!

I have to reserve 200 calories each day so that I can relax with two scoops of that stuff... especially the LARGE CHUNK varieties offered by Jif or Peter Pan.

Ah... the things we do for love....
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,024 Member
    Options
    Laura Scudder's Old Fashioned Nutty!!!!! I am always happy when I have worked out enough to fit a PB&J sandwich in. You all are making me hungry.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I try to keep PB2 on hand. It isn't as tasty as regular peanut butter, but it helps when I really need a fix. Plus, I use it when I make granola bars and the bars stay firm better.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love pb2, they also have a pb2 with chocolate in it as well. You can get PB2 at alot of health food stores and you can also order it online for a cheaper price.
  • PetitePerfection
    PetitePerfection Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm legitimately addicted to peanut butter...I should get a 12 step program for it:blushing: but be careful because I know that Jif has hydrogenated oil and Im pretty sure skippy does too but Im not sure on that. Try for the ones with the shortest ingredients list. Jif's ingredients read:MADE FROM ROASTED PEANUTS AND SUGAR, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: MOLASSES, FULLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OILS (RAPESEED AND SOYBEAN), MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, SALT.
    while Maranatha Natural & Roasted Peanut Butter is:Dry Roasted Peanuts and Sea Salt.
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PB2? 45 calories for 2 TBSP and 1.5 grams of fat. It's not for everyone but some people rave about it.

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    Laura Scudder's i second that eating some right now with cerely MMMMMMM...... all natural that is
  • littlebecc
    Options
    Sanitarium Natural Peanut Butter Smooth- 100 % roasted peanuts, nothing else. :) Tastes so good
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Laura Scudders All Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter, Smuckers All Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter, Bell Plantation PB2 :love:
  • SLT4273
    SLT4273 Posts: 56
    Options
    Wow I'm glad I'm not the only pb addict. Thanks for all the replies/suggestions. I'm going to try different brands. Hopefully it won't become a problem.... HA :laugh:
  • Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We are a family of 8 and eat around 12lbs of peanut butter per week. I make my own from unsalted dry roasted peanuts. I just blend in our Vita-mixer. No added anything in it. And when I do it at home there is no chance of other stuff in it. IE: BUGS. Especially since some of those processing plants are just nasty
  • pinkglitterbaby
    Options
    Not too picky about the brand, but I always buy crunchy :smooched: