Can't believe I thought I was fat!

Options
I was 16 when this photo was taken. I was going to my highschool ball and I remember feeling so overweight and unattractive... I was 172cm and 67kg. I look back and this photo and wonder how my self image was so
distorted!!?? photo.jpg

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    No where close to being fat. You look fine to me.
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have the same feelings when I look at pictures of me. WTF was I thinking!!?!?
  • cameralinds
    Options
    How is your perception of yourself now? Much better, I am hoping.

I bought a pin at a local shop that says: "I wish I was as skinny as I was when I thought I was fat." It's a nice reminder of how our perceptions of ourselves change overtime. (Plus, it's mildly humorous for my dry sense of humor).

Don't you wish you could go back and smack some sense into ourselves?

Holy moly, you look so tall and lovely!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I was the same way. I weighed 120 lbs and thought I was enormous. I think that is why I gained so much weight (I am now 199 lbs). I think it is b/c I was never happy with myself in the first place. I hope in 2012 we both gain more self confidence!!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    and....you were and ARE beautiful btw.
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yes I absolutely wish I could go back and smack some sense into myself. My self image now is WAY better. I'm happy with how I look now most of the time, just want to get a little leaner and more defined. I have my goal weight set at 70kg but I'll reassess as I go.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem of thinking I was fat, but I only weighed 128lbs through high school! When I look back at pictures I can't understand what I was thinking!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Same! If I had lost, say, 10 pounds back then, I could have worn a bikini. As it was, I thought I was gross. My hubby just shakes his head. (He is my high school sweet heart, so he remembers!)
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely stunning in that photo, definitely not fat!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Nickerze
    Options
    I thought I was chunky when I got married 14 years ago and figured I would always be able to fit into my wedding dress. Ha! 45 pounds later I really know what chunky is!