Hi New Chick- Need friends & Support please =) x

Options
Hello everyone =)

happy new years. I am currently new to this and could use some friends and support buddies! I started my diet today yay. Currently 188lbs which is HUGE. My sisters and cousins are around 120lbs so yes I do get the fat label in the family. Something funny happened yesterday that made me turn my head. I was eating ice cream and drinking Fanta. My cousin said to me you will never be skinny. I just looked at her and smiled. My dad this morning said I eat too much junk and never will be skinny. Am not happy with my weight I used to be really skinny few years ago. Since then lets just say I have gone down hill and food has become my best friend.

I would love to hear from anyone. Their advice on how they lost it and what they did and the type of exercise anything would be helpful.

Feel free to add me. I could do with some support!

Thanks everyone happy new years!!!

Isabella

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

I found that my best results came from being exact in my diet (weigh, measure, log everything) and no cheating. Add to that some form of exercise every day. Running works best for me to burn fat, lifting weights with it helps me keep my muscles and lose mostly just fat.

So, eat at a deficit (for sure) and move more :). No excuses. Make your workout like brushing your teeth.....has to happen every single day.

Feel free to add me, I'm buckling down hard this coming year.
  • isabella2064
    Options
    Aaww thanks so much for taking the time to reply =)!! Yayy some good pointers you mentioned. I started writing down what i eat daily into a word document. I will try to weigh myself every second week or every week if its possible. Exercising is great. I love walking, jogging and dancing. Will start it tonight hehe!

Just added you as a friend. Thank you for the tips! Motivation beings! xx
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    First Off congrats on joining mfp and starting a new healthy lifestyle. You can add me as a friend and I would love to help as much as I can. I agree stormie totally!! You have to log everything you eat and try your best not to eat unhealthy stuff but if you do eat something unhealthy try to not eat the whole thing. I am doing insanity as a workout and I love it but do whatever workout you know you are going to stick with.
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I think you will love MFP, it is a great tool for your journey. You can do it! Like said above, got to move and track everything honestly. I too like to jog and lift weights. I started with a goal to jog 3 days a week and lift weights or do some other form of exercise the other days, this breaks up the monotany and gives me a well rounded work out. I'll add you and look forward to helping each other on our journeys.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I started off at 182ish. I am currently 155lbs. Prove them wrong. You will be slim, how the FFFF can they say that you won't??? I have sent you a friend request. You WILL DO THIS!!!!:smile:
  • isabella2064
    Options
    Hi LovingButterfly =)

Thanks so much for your kind words! Will add you now! What is insanity workout? Sorry.. I dont mind any workouts. Any suggestions. I love jogging, dancing and zumba and all that fun stuff hahah! Cheers again xx
  • isabella2064
    Options
    Hi DontworryBeHappy =) Love your name btw hehe!

I am currently in love with MFP. Yes cant wait for this journey and yes I would love for us to help one another! excited for the new us! All the best xx
  • isabella2064
    Options
    Hello SlinkyPinky!!!

Yess you know what I am talking about. I want to prove them wrong so badly! Yes I will be slim your words have just motivated me to the maximum thank you so much!!! Yessss We can do this so excited. Just weighed myself gonna go dance off some adipose tissue haha!! Speak soon

xx Thanks again =)
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Hey (:

Welcome to the site, I think you'll really like it here. Since you're just starting, I would suggest making small changes (switching fanta for water - or all carbonated drinks for water). If you're not a fan of water, add lemon to it (boosts metabolism, is an antioxidant & it'll keep the flu away). You may add me if you like (: I'm new here myself, but I do know an abundance about food & nutrition.

Good luck !
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I started off bigger than you, 216 and am down to 177.. still got a long way to go but we can do it.
    Just try to stay in your cal goals to start off with, or else it can get too overwhelming and then just start trying to make healthier choices and get some exercise in, even if it is just walking to begin with.

Feel free to add me if you would like :) xo

PS my mum used to call me fat all the time, now she is biting her tongue as i am smaller than her now! HA!
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    Welcome! I'm jumping back in the game for 2012 myself. This site seriously is amazing. And I recommend it to everyone.

My biggest advice is to train mean and train hard. Bust your butt and break a strong sweat. But also realize when you need to rest - running yourself into the ground is what pushed me into having to take a few months off training and set me back big time in my goals. Also watch your sodium and make sure you're getting in all your water because it really does effect your weight, skin and how you'll feel.

And finally, have fun! It's suppose to be work but it can be fun too. During my months off I missed working out more than I thought I ever would. =]
  • Jcollins1980
    Options
    Hey, welcome to the club. I've been here a little over one month and so far so good. I'm no expert at dieting but I like how it's going. This is the first time I've stuck to it more than a week. Anyway, I have a plan that involves zero exercise and just reduced calories. It's important to pay attention to those numbers though and be diligent about it. When you reach that limit, then that's it. Even if you're still hungry and want more. Can't do it!

I've lost most of my weight so far by doing this and after a few weeks of it, I've gotten more used to it. I don't spend as much time being hungry and sometimes feel full even with the smaller portions. I try to avoid "obvious junk" like soda/candy also, though that's not to say I'm focusing on super healthy options either. I still just get what I want from the store, but I aim for items that will be easy to quantify. I pay more attention to serving info than I used to. The #1 thing for me right now is portion control and staying within my mfp limits. I have recently starting going on walks around the neighborhood though, and now that I've already lost some weight, it seems easier than it used to be, I might even do it some more.

I've had a couple of cousins at Christmas comment about me losing weight. Honestly I don't think I see it that much yet, but the scale doesn't lie, and maybe others are noticing it. Pants are starting to fit better in any case. =)

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • ilonaveen
    Options
    Hi, I am new to MFP and also looking for some friends and support.
    Feel free to add me!
  • isabella2064
    Options
    hey everyone thanks so much for all the inspiration and all the advices! You have been great!

Add me as a friend and looking forward to this journey xxx