32yo woman looking for motivation and support!

Options
Hope everyone had a really good xmas/festive season/new year!

Hi, my name is Amanda (Mandy if you prefer) and I have lost 1st 3lbs all by myself, but am now struggling.

Put on 5lbs over xmas! Goal is to lose another 2 stone, but food is a weakness of mine. Have a tendency to eat until I feel super full and happy, then feel guilty.

I'm usually very good during the week, but the weekend is where I fall down. During the week, I have a routine: Tuesday - Friday, take daughter to school, go gym, go work, eat simply. Monday is slightly harder because I can't get to the gym, but Sat and Sun, I seem to fall down - don't go to the gym and eat badly. somehow, I have managed to lose weight, but just need that extra support and motivation...

So, that's me in a nutshell regarding my weight loss etc. Ta!

Replies

• Missy169
    Options
    YOU CAN ADD ME !!!
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi Mandy! Feel free to add me. we're around the same age, and I struggle with weekends too. :)

If anyone else wants to add me, go right ahead! I am looking forward to making some new MFP friends.
  • MrsDinkley
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. Weekends are the worst for me with no schedule and friends and family around all the time.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us are the same, its much easier during the week when you have your routine with work and the like. Personally I think that as this is a lifelong change and not a quick fix, its fine to slacken off a bit and enjoy yourself, its just finding the right balance. Obviously you managed to lose a fair bit despite your weekends and slowly but surely is the best way! Good luck with the rest of your weight loss and feel free to add me if you would like :smile:
  • BundangKiwiGal
    BundangKiwiGal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. We can all use all the motivation and support we can get, and I've found MFP to be great for that.
    All the best with your journey :smile:
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the worst! I've put on about the same over christmas too but don't sweat it, I'll come back off once you get into a routine I'm sure. Feel free to add me if you want some encouragement :)
    Caroline.
  • Johnmez
    Johnmez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda good to meet you happy new year to you.

You can lose as much weight as you desire all you need to do is do the things that work best for you and when the down times come and you don't want to do them just do them practise the art of doing what needs to be done when you cant be bothered and magic happens.

For example I really could not be bothered to go out on my 3 mile jog today and even when I was jogging could not get motivated but I kept on going and the last twenty minutes I got motivated result I added an additional 421 cals to my total daily allowance.

Also consider cutting out heavy carbs for a few weeks using this strategy I lost 4 stone in 5 months I maintained a weight od 92kg for a few months now and my new target is 85kg so out with the heavy carbs again.

Good luck treasure keep it simple and do when you don't want to do
  • mandyw30
    mandyw30 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda! Another Mandy here! I too struggle with weekends! I'm all organised in the week then feel I should be able to relax a bit at the weekends but relax too much and don't plan at all and end up eating lots of crap!! I started using MFP a while ago but have not used it for a while but am determined to get back on track in 2012!
    So feel free to add me so we can support each other!!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, I just joined MFP today.

Anybody feel free to add me, it must be much easier all this slimming lark with support!

:flowerforyou: