I passed out twice last night - why

Options
Happy new year everyone. Just wanted some opinions. My 3 yearold was crying during the night last night and when I went to see to him I came over all funny. I was giving him his inhalers when I broke out in a sweat and felt sick. I remember telling my son I had to go to the bathroom but as I left his room I dont remember anything else until my husband was lifting me up. When I came round I didnt know were i was and blacked out again. I eventually got into bed and my pjs were soaked right through with sweat but I was freezing. I feel ok this morning except for the bump on the back of my head where i hit it. It was really scary. I am wondering did this happen because I ate so much sugar over xmas and have went cold turkey the past few days and had no sugar at all.

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Could be many reasons - I don't mean to alarm you, but you should see your GP immediately.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    It could be a number of reasons.. I have had spouts of passing out in that exact manner.

Its best to consult your doctor and get your blood pressure and your bloods done, just to make sure there isnt anything setting it off. It could be the sugar, as sugar highs are insane!!
  • Katherine1687
    Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would go and see the out of hours Dr.

Passing out is not normal and you should get checked out.

Hope you feel better soon
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Happy new year everyone. Just wanted some opinions. My 3 yearold was crying during the night last night and when I went to see to him I came over all funny. I was giving him his inhalers when I broke out in a sweat and felt sick. I remember telling my son I had to go to the bathroom but as I left his room I dont remember anything else until my husband was lifting me up. When I came round I didnt know were i was and blacked out again. I eventually got into bed and my pjs were soaked right through with sweat but I was freezing. I feel ok this morning except for the bump on the back of my head where i hit it. It was really scary. I am wondering did this happen because I ate so much sugar over xmas and have went cold turkey the past few days and had no sugar at all.
    Who knows?
    SEE A DOCTOR:smile:
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should probably see your GP and get it checked out, but its probably just because you've been asleep and got up too quickly. Your heart rate and blood pressure slow right down while you sleep and if you get up quickly they don't always have time to catch up. So I would try not to worry but get checked out to be on the safe side. Hope all ok x
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    That sounds like low blood sugar.

I've passed out like that before and that cold sweat afterwards is horrible. It would be a good idea to get checked out by the doctor.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    See your doctor as soon as possible. You need to speak to a professional no one can diagnose you on a web site. Hope you feel better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the above. Passing out could be anything from your blood sugar level to the flu or any number of things. Get to the doctor to give yourself peace of mind.
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Possibly dehydration, but like pervious poster you should go see a GP to be on the safe side x
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your body's way of telling you to get help to me. Get to a doctor or even an emergency room. You can't be too cautious with your health especially when it comes to being a parent.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor. I don't mean to be rude but that probably should have been your first step rather than asking advice on an internet message board.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Firstly do go to your GP, but it definitely could be the sugar thing. My BIL had the same when he went cold turkey from all sugar. I don' think it's the greatest of ideas.