what 2011 brought me...

Options
My name is Ellie and I am 19 years old...
I have had clinical depression since 13 years old.
After being on tablets for years and years which gave me horrible side effects I had had enough.
I attempted suicide many times.. One day I ended up nearly dead from taking 100+ tablets, and I don't know why but when I was well enough to even walk again I randomly walked into a gym and signed up.
I now know that I DO have a purpose, and whether I wanted to or not at the time I lived for a purpose. A reason.
I soon enough fell IN LOVE with exercise and was completely taken off antidepressants. I have since started loving myself and my life. I also found that I LOVE running and lifting weights!
I have come a LONG way from where I was last year....
I found out what I want to do with my life. I want to be a Personal Trainer, but more than that I wanna help people achieve happy and healthy lives! I also joined MFP in april and have lost 15.1kg/33lb since then ... I stopped eating junk food all day and feeling sick all day.
And I now see that life IS worth it. Life is what you make it, and I am NEVER going back to that person EVER again!

Replies

• stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! Its amazing how exercise and a healthy lifestyle helps to relieve depression and to help someone to become confident and accepting of them selves.

I know you will reach your goals and help to change other peoples lives! :D
  • Clare_F
    Clare_F Posts: 76
    Options
    fantastic achievements for 2011 i'm sure 2012 will be an even better year for you :)
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    you are amazing
    I would love to be able to write something similar next year

I have a lot to learn from those much younger than I am :):)

hope you get your own gym one day or at least run one - you will be so motivational
  • Boring2Fit
    Options
    I love your attitude! I know you can do it and I'm glad you think so too :)
  • gailashton
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that amazing story. You are 100% right. Exercise is like therapy for your mind and your body. I am so happy you found that out and value yourself as a person. You deserve more, you are better than all that and I just know that 2012 is going to be even better for you. So happy you found your inner strength to do what you have done. Keep it up and go for it!
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm so so happy for you. :flowerforyou:
  • fond
    fond Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am happy for you. I found my way to the gym in a round about way. I met someone who I am sure is not a forever friend but, they talked about a new gym and the price and one day for some reason I looked that gym up online and found they had a great deal running and they were only stoplights away. I feel it was meant to be.
  • daisyls85
    daisyls85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! Its awesome that you have been able to be taken off pills and found purpose in life! I think its great that you want to be a personal trainer and help other people. You will be a great asset to that profession because you will be able to relate with other people that are dealing with the same problems! Good Luck!
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, it's horrible that you've had to go through years of depression, but you're so lucky you managed to climb out to the other side! Well done!
  • sarah_boombah
    sarah_boombah Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    you go girl! :-D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!