New and looking for support.I have a lot of weight to lose 2

Options
I've tried WW several times and HCG with VLCD. I lost weight with each attempt, however I never stick with it. I am looking for support. I am a young girl who is unable to work. So, online communication is a big part of my life. We can do this together.

Replies

• pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You made a very good first step to take control of your life. I would urge you to take a look at the success stories. Use all the tools here. Keeping a food diary really helps but you have to be honest with yourself. If you eat it you log it, the good and the bad. This a great place for encouragement. We all came here for the same reason no matter how much we want to lose. And people really want you to succeed here. If you would like to you can add me as a friend. And don't be afraid to ask people to be your friend. This will be a great year for you if you stick with it. Happy New Year and Happy New Life.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    You made a very good first step to take control of your life. I would urge you to take a look at the success stories. Use all the tools here. Keeping a food diary really helps but you have to be honest with yourself. If you eat it you log it, the good and the bad. This a great place for encouragement. We all came here for the same reason no matter how much we want to lose. And people really want you to succeed here. If you would like to you can add me as a friend. And don't be afraid to ask people to be your friend. This will be a great year for you if you stick with it. Happy New Year and Happy New Life.

^^^^this. Welcome! This is a great place to be. I will send you a friend request! Happy New You!!!
  • mrsStgo
    mrsStgo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are here and taking the first steps to getting your health in check. Take it a day at a time. Remember that this is a lifetime change, so you will have good days and you will have bad days. Always remember to keep going. You can get this done. All the best to you.
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    Hello,

First welcome to MFP. I will gladly be your friend. I have tried HCG and lsot but never stuck with it. I think WW is the only diet that I haven't tried. ha Instead of diets, I've tried to just stick with mFP and log and to start talking to people more. So you are capable of doing this. Just one day at a time.

I agree with reading success stories and joing challenges are very motivation on here.
  • DawnMichelle68
    DawnMichelle68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    check out some of the groups too.. getting a group of core friends on here to help keep you motivated as well as you keeping them motivated... be true with your wins and defeats.. we are all going through the same things.. keeping yourself honest will help you stay motivated.. you can do this : )
  • wendalyse
    wendalyse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I get it that it is hard to keep the weight off once you've lost it. I have never had a whole lot of weight to lose but it's there and it's still hard to get off. Once I lose about 15 pounds (which is about halfway for me ) I start feeling good and then I start cheating just a little and before I know it, the weight is back on. Lets drop it off and this time, lets keep it off. We do have to remember though, that it's going to take time. My neighbor had about 120 pounds to lose. She started eating properly in August and in October she joined a gym. She has lost 80 pounds already and when I ran into her a few days ago, I barely recognized her. She looks and feels fantastic. I want to feel that way too and we can do it.
    I am not really consistent with going online but I hope to see that you are sticking with it and doing well.
  • Leegree
    Options
    You have come to the right place. I love My Fitness Pal. I never have been one to follow the pack or like people telling me what to do and then checking on me. This program is all on me. I answer only to me. I can't cheat because I would only be cheating myself. I have lost 42 pounds so far in about 120 days and I have another 40 to 50 to go. I am proud to have come so far and I credit this program for aiding me in getting there.
    So welcome, Good Luck and if you want to friend we can cheer each other on.
    Lee
  • scarlet_1965
    scarlet_1965 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Joining MFP is the best thing I've done in ages - hope it will be the same for you. Like you I did WW (lost over 50lbs in 2 years) but it soon piled back on when stopped weighing every week. Finding MFP so motivational - there's a lot of great people out there who either are, or have been, dealing with the same problems as me. Love it when people log in every day as you get to know them and can encourage them with their goals - and they do the same for you. There are great challenges out there - currently doing the lose 10 pound in December one & already signed up for the Jan one. Not everyone gets to 10lb loss and that's what I love about the group - nobody is judged by how much or how little they've lost it's just another way to focus on a goal.
    Good luck with your journey - feel free to add me as a friend. Jen
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am new here, too. I love what was said about journaling, it's been key for me. But, I ditto the statement, "you have to be honest with yourself." I've tried to journal, even when I have gone over my daily limits or eaten something I shouldn't have. I haven't been perfect, but it has been an integral part of my success. I would love to have you as a MFP buddy, also. You are a beautiful lady and I wish you much success! If I can be of any help to you, let me know. You are welcome to visit my page any time.
  • mizzthang
    mizzthang Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can do this... you are going to need to dig deep inside and be determined... focussed and ready for change... we are all here to help you OK...
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am late seeing this but I want to welcome you to MFP. Its a great tool and will help you if you work it. I am always open to friends to help me and who I can help on their journey. Feel free to add me if you wish. Happy New Year! Lets do this!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I've tried WW several times and HCG with VLCD. I lost weight with each attempt, however I never stick with it. I am looking for support. I am a young girl who is unable to work. So, online communication is a big part of my life. We can do this together.
    It's all up to you.
    Nobody is going to do it for you, and we all have failed in the past, but today is a new day.

Do you want to lose the fat, feel good, look great and live long and happy?
    Again, it's all up to you.

Welcome and Good Luck!
  • Welcome...first off Feel free to add me on here. I will be supportive and do everything to be a cheerleader for you along the way; this journey is all about support BUT it's you that has to do the work, so if there is a day when you just want to give up, I'll be positive and support you and tell you to never give up on you! :)
    Second great first step. I've done WW and I feel Calorie counting for me is the way to go.
    Make you a priority in this journey and know YOU CAN DO IT (get the word "can't" out of the vocabulary) :)
  • thomas1305
    Options
    Hi, i am new here also. I have tryed alot of diets and lost a few pounds and then quit, I have to lose about a 100 pounds. I have a little 6 year old girl and want to watch her grow up. If you want to we can help each other.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I am just getting started for the second time after falling off the wagon last year. I'd love it if we could support each other through this journey!!
  • sgtlittle
    sgtlittle Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    There are no such thing as diets in my eyes. You either live a healthy lifestyle or you don't. For many it is a completely different way of life and they must change everything about their eating habits, fitness commitments, and sometimes their friends. Studies have shown (from what I have read in Men's Health) is that you are more likely to eat healthy if you have health conscience friends. Coming to MFP is a great first step and I hope this will be the last place you have to try. I have had great success and others have had even greater success on here. Some have lost well over 100 lbs and I have seen a few that have lost 200 lbs. It's hard at first to commit to counting your calories, but the database on here is the most extensive that I have ever seen and the apps for smartphones is incredible. You just scan the barcode, put in the servings you ate, and bam there it is. We are here to get you through this and will be your friend, you support group, and your cheerleaders. We are here to get you there!
  • poulingail
    Options
    Take it slow! Sometimes folks get all gung ho and cut calories too much and/or exercise til they're sore. That's why they quit. I joined in late Sept. and I set my goal for 1 lb per week. The most important things that happened are:

- I'm paying some attention to my eating and exercise ratios
    - I think about doing some walking
    - I felt better right away
    - I am not deprived of all my favorites, just not having extras
    - I can live with the changes in the new life style and not quit
    - I see each day as a new opportunity for success
    - I am losing about .9 lb per week now, just as the program told me I would

Think of this as a new beginning and don't over-stress any aspect. You will be successful if you log in every day and record as much as you can. You won't be under your calorie count every day and that's okay.
    You're going to like the MFP community. We're all a bunch of losers! =O :laugh:

Oh and something really important for you to keep in mind since you can't work, STAY BUSY! You have to eliminate some of the triggers to your eating and that includes having too much time to think about food all day!
  • JenniferH007
    Options
    WELCOME I UNDERSTAND THE CHALLENGE I BEEN DOING IT ALL MY LIVE UNTIL FEB 2011 WHEN I DESIDED TO PUT MY FOOT DOWN AND SAY NO MORE I WILL BE HEATHY AND EAT RIGHT. AND EXCERISE. YOU NEED TO REMIMBER IT ALL ABOUT MODERATION WHEN YOU GO TO A RESTRANT EAT ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU WOULD NORMALY EAT AND GET A TOGO BOX INSTEAD! NEXT TRY LIMITING STOP DRINKING SODA I HAVE NOT PICK UP SODA IN A YR AND IT ALL ABOUT COUNTING YOUR CALORIES AND EATING THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF FOOD YOU DO NEED TO EAT TO LOSS WEIGHT YOU CAN DO IT! YOU MAY ADD ME AS A FRIEND IF YOU WANT HAPPY WORKING OUT