My before and during pics

Options
I joined a Biggest Loser contest with some ladies I've known online for almost 3 years now. I started the contest on July 16th and we just finished it off. The results aren't in yet but I think I came in 2nd place. Although I didn't win the contest... I still won! lol

Weight on July 16th - 249.5
Weight on Dec 31st - 183.5
Down 66 lbs in 5.5 months!

In the first pic I was wearing slightly baggy size 22 shorts. In the 2nd picture I'm wearing great fitting size 12 jeans! Same shirt in both pictures :)

I did this through counting calories, keeping my carbs lowish and moderate exercise. I started not being able to jog for more than 2 minutes at a time on the treadmill and now I can go for 20 mins straight. My 5km time (treadmill again) has gone from 56 mins to my best of 41 mins. I plan on bringing that time down even more! My resting heart rate has also dropped from the mid 70s to the high 50s!

LoserContestFinal_NoWeightSM.jpg

Good luck to all on thier weight loss journey this year!

Replies

• melissammundy
    Options
    Way to go! You look great :)
  • brandtmom
    brandtmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Excellent work! You look fabulous!!! Keep it going you are just the inspiration that I needed to day after a 3 month relapse. Happy New Year to you. :happy:
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Even if you didn't win the challenge you definitely still won or yourself. Keep up the great work :)
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, you look loads younger too :smile: Well done x
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Wow - you look amazing. I think you are right - you did win!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, you look loads younger too :smile: Well done x

And loads happier! You should be very proud of yourself!!!
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Awesome job !
  • Alicja_W
    Alicja_W Posts: 169
    Options
    you look great :D
  • gailashton
    Options
    You look amazing! That's how I actually started at it. I got a postcard in the mail with a girl on the front who had lost 189 pounds without surgery. I couldn't believe that so I checked it out. 10 weeks, small classes of 3 to 4 people with a trainer, 2 times a week, 1 of which was focused on nutrition. I also exercised during the week on my own. Within 10 weeks I had lost 27.5 pounds, decided to do a 2nd round and lost another 15 pounds. Since then I have continued some small exercise classses, boot camp, etc. there and at the gym and have lost a total of 79.5 pounds since April. Now I'm on their postcard that just went out this month. These programs are a great way to get started especially since the people are just like us with the same goals, to lose weight and keep it off!. KUDOS to you!. Happy new year!
  • ljmozo49
    ljmozo49 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :happy: WOW, You look FABULOUS. Congratulations! Thanks for inspiring us.
  • stephkuch
    stephkuch Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • magikfairygirl
    Options
    Way to go, you look wonderful!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You did win! Awesome success in just 6 months! Keep it up...you are doing great!
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! You look so good. Well done
  • rcrgirl84
    Options
    Congrats - you look awesome!!
  • mylove4u
    mylove4u Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and very motivating! Great job!
  • numee2012
    Options
    well done its really motivating when you look at before and after pictures, your doing excellently
  • C_Lopez
    C_Lopez Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!!!!!!! What an inspiration! In 5 months if I look that good..I would shout! Keep it up!
  • alangholz
    Options
    You look fabulous!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!