Weigh in

Options
Just wondering how often people recorded their weight and measurements?

Replies

• mysticalboe
    Options
    I weigh in every Saturday morning. I'm not much on measurements though.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

ONLY once per week on Sunday....Thats it - no multiple weighing during the week because that is not consistent.... once is.

I dont bother taking measurements because my clothes are already showing the physical changes...
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I only started today, weighed and measured first thing this morning, I will have Sunday as my regular weigh-in day.

I won't weigh myself more frequently than that otherwise I will end up obsessed with it all.
  • tracym17
    tracym17 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week and have an 'official' weigh and measure once a month. To be honest though, I've kinda gotten over obsessing about the scales/tape measure. I judge on how my clothes fit and how I feel about what I see in the mirror (which is way better than 4 months ago when I started).
  • SLT4273
    SLT4273 Posts: 56
    Options
    I weighed in this morning, however after this week (my first full week), my plan is to weigh in strictly on Monday mornings. If I were to weigh in every day, I'd become obsessed with the fluctuations so I'm limiting myself to once a week. :glasses: Happy New Year
  • brentdaniels
    Options
    Once a week on Sunday. I don't measure other than taking notches up on the belt! LOL
  • Staceydoodles
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesdays :) its so tempting to hop on everytime I'm in the bathroom, or come across some new set of scales at someone else's house etc, but I try to stay strong lol! I allow myself do another one for the start/end of a challenge if they fall on a different day.
    And I've started, from today, to do my waist measurement. I'll be recording that on the 1st of each month. Xx
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options

ONLY once per week on Sunday....Thats it - no multiple weighing during the week because that is not consistent.... once is.

I dont bother taking measurements because my clothes are already showing the physical changes...

^Same here!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    now that I am back at it. every 2 weeks.
  • LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It works for me.
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am going to weigh in once a week on Fridays. That will be my official weigh in day, but I know I will sneakily hop on the scale in between every once in a while. I can't help it.
  • Mickyboo1
    Options
    I weigh in every Sat morning at 9:30 am.
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on a Sunday, but measure bust, waist, belly and hips every fortnight. I find taking measurements really helps, especially if exercising. It can get really easy to get obsessed with numbers on the scale, but the tapemeasure gives more accurate info. There have been weeks where my weight hasn't budged an oz (or I've gained) but the inches are still coming off.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It works for me.

Me, too, but I don't recommend it for the faint of heart :tongue: because of normal fluctuations. I guess I just don't have the patience to only weigh in once a week, and I feel like I'd miss a potential low if I didn't weigh in every day. My caveat is that you really can't live and die by the scale (well, you shouldn't do that regardless of how often you weigh in) - if it goes up or doesn't show progress, you can't let it get to you.

As for measuring, I've never done official measurements, but I do check in every now and again. I'd do that no more often than every two weeks, and if I had to make a recommendation, I'd say once a month.

Best wishes on your journey!