Go to meals??

Options
What is your go meal healthy meal? I'm looking for some new ideas. If anyone knows any websites with healthy but cheap meals that would be great too! Thank you!

Replies

• LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My "go to" quick in a flash meals are either Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers, or Wendy's Chili with a side salad. I'm a truck driver so Convenience is key with a healthy twist please.
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I keep a pot of Chicken Enchilada Soup in my fridge at all times. It's made from a mix...super easy to make, it's YUMMY and only 80 calories per serving. That and a salad is a quick low calorie/healthy meal...

http://www.cuginos.com/products-page/soup/chicken-enchilada/
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I eat little meals throughout the day. These are my go to meals that leave me feeling full, satisfy my craving for sweets or carbs, but are healthy, low calorie, and nutrient dense.

hummus with rice crackers or pretzel chips and raw veggies (I get an all natural brand of hummus with no preservatives, like Cedar's or Tribe)

spinach salad with baked tempeh, a tsp. of imitation bacon bits, hard boiled egg, and lite sweet vidalia onion dressing, raw veggies on the side

a smoothie made with 3 oz. of frozen strawberries, a banana, 1/3 cup of soy milk, a scoop of soy protein powder, two ice cubes, and a few tablespoons of water to thin it out a little -- YUM!
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken and steamed veggies I pre-grill some chicken when I cook meals for the week
  • ruthie3110
    ruthie3110 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My go to was a baked chicken breast with a tomato based sauce, wholemeal pasta and a large serving of spinach. You can just shove it on the heat and leave it to cook, then 20 minutes later, healthy balanced meal, done!
  • 0namission
    Options
    My Go to Meal is those Uncle Mens Rice Packages you just stick in the microwave and heat and some grilled chicken with Jamaican Seasoning...SOO yum!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    At breakfast, it's usually oatmeal or eggs. Lunch is frequently soup or tilapia or shrimp. Dinner is where it really varies because I'm cooking for the whole family.
  • chooselifegail1
    Options
    thats a great idea to pre grill going to make some today thanks
  • chooselifegail1
    Options
    I enjoy grilled or pan seared fish, I love Bass, Talapia, Salmon, and they are all fast to fix because they cook in just a few minutes. I was never a fist person before I made this life change now I crave it. Great protein source and natural oils and B vit. I find it very filling because of the amount of natural fats in some fish types. The big key to me is to eat my protein first what ever it is and then fill in with vegies. Steam broccoli, and asparagus with butter buds on are my favorite two. I started using a saucer ( my husband uses a lunch size plate and just that has helped both of us to cut and control portion side. NO Seconds are allowed we tell ourselves.
    My favorite lunch go to is Cottage cheese with Sliced tomatoes and a bit of low cal italian dressing on. also I like cottage cheese with a preportioned cup of mandarin oranges or pineapple tidbits. I eat 5 or 6 smaller meals a day too. For my after dinner snack I love a sugar free fudgecycle.
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong with eggs when you want a quick and cheap meal. A fried egg sandwich with a salad is what I have when I can't think of anything else. I am also a huge fan of this recipe for Asian Oven Omelet (http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Asian-Oven-Omelet). I substitute 6 ounces of spaghetti for the ramen. Leftovers are great for breakfast.
  • daisyls85
    daisyls85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I buy the bag of Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken breast fillets and Green Giants just for one frozen vegetables. I put them in the freezer at work and always have something to eat so that I don't eat out! They are tasty! I work at a pre school so i will often add what ever left over fruit they had for lunch that day as well.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Search Healthy eating on a budget or Healthy recipes online. There are a ton a sites.
    My go to meal is always grilled chicken or fish, broccoli, 4 oz sweet potato and side salad with 1 tbl of dressing.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    we try not to eat the same things very often, but go-to meals for us include:

blt's
    grilled cheese and tomato soup
    lasagna
    cheese enchiladas (made with cottage cheese)
    chili

i post my menus weekly at www.everythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com. :)