New here

Options
I would like to introduce myself. I am currently a Nana of 2 that has had a rough 3 months getting my mother healthy again after some pretty severe illnesses. I am only 18 years younger than my mother and want to find myself healthier for the next two decades and beyond. I lost 50 pounds 3 years ago but recently put 20 back on. I want to focus on exercise and eating right but am admittedly addicted to unhealthy food choices. Call me MAC!

Replies

• Paget3
    Paget3 Posts: 2
    Options
    HI Mac, (fellow Pea)

I used to be pretty good with exercise, but with other commitments, really let it go. I am also addicted to unhealthy food choices: i.e. -sugar! Looking forward to supporting each other. If you lost 50 lbs before you can totally do it again!! ---said in my cheerleader voice. :)
  • hillybilly007
    Options
    :smile: Hi Mac welcome just start slow adding more healthy foods to your menu each day u can do it u did it once u can do it again,but this time make it away of life. good luck.
  • lesliemccarroll
    Options
    Hi, I am trying to get back into eating healthy again myself. I am smaller but every pound counts on me. I am only 5'2 on a very small frame so it really shows on me plus I was very small before I got pregnant. I really just want to be tone again anyway. Good luck on your journey.

My name is Leslie and I am the mother of a 17 month old son, Boston :) and I am married to what seems like a child, haha for 5.5 years.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Hi and good luck! I sent you a friend invite.

My suggestion is to make this change slowly. First, get used to logging everything. Then, as you see what you are eating and how many calories are in some things, start cutting them out/replacing with lower calorie and healthier alternatives. Just make one change per week and you'll find that before you know it, you're doing a LOT of things differently. I'd start with:

1) Cut out fast food (high fat, high calorie, leaves you hungry too soon)
    2) Drink more water (60-100 oz a day, it helps you feel full)
    3) Move more (walks, workouts, lift weights)