What are the benefits of water?

Options
I know you are supposed to drink a lot of water daily, but how does that help you lose weigh easier?

Replies

• leannelately
    leannelately Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Water keeps you full AND flushes impurities- like fat- out of your system. Read this: http://www.highvibrations.org/archive3/water.htm
  • carilou
    Options
    I have been told while keeping you hydrated, it will also speed up your metabolism a bit and the more water you drink, the less you retain. sounds crazy but I have found it to be true.
  • carilou
    carilou Posts: 16
    Options
    Very good article! I guess I can force myself to gulp 3 quarts a day. And its free! :)
  • lstockham39
    lstockham39 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Very good article! I guess I can force myself to gulp 3 quarts a day. And its free! :)

3 quarts is certainly harmless, so go for it, but you may be overdoing it.

When you pee, just check your urine. Clear or pale yellow means you are doing it right. Bright yellow or darker means more water is needed. The darker the color, the more water.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Brilliant article. It couldn't explain it any better. One question though. How much is a quart? A quart of what? I'm British, we tend to use mls. And how much is a cup?
  • lstockham39
    lstockham39 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    A quart is 32 ounces, so if you can convert ounces to whatever you use... I don't know what mls is?
  • TimeWarp9
    TimeWarp9 Posts: 91
    Options
    A quart is just slightly less than a liter - 8 oz in a cup, 2 cups in a pint and 4 cups (or two pints) in a quart.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Benefit 1
    You'll die without it

Other minor benefits
    Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
    Moisturizes the air in lungs
    Helps with metabolism
    Protects our vital organ
    Helps our organs to absorb nutrients better
    Regulates body temperature
    Detoxifies
    Protects and moisturizes our joints
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Water cleanses the body and washes out impurities along with fat. It also helps to keep us full. I love how it rids us of excess sodium which keeps our weight up. Water is a pain to drink but it's so good for you!!
  • debbcounter
    debbcounter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Water also keeps me from feeling sluggish at work. Instead of a sugary soda, I drink water! The colder, the better (lots of ice).