Ready to try again!!

Options
It's a new year and I'm ready to get motivated and healthy!! I need to focus on exercise and eating better. I have done Weight Watchers in the past, but have had to cut spending due to job loss. This time I'm going to eat better by making meals at home, and use my Wii and neighborhood to get in my exercise. My sister got me Just Dance 3 for Christmas. I am ALWAYS in the mood to dance, so I'm thinking I'll start my day with a low-cal smoothie, do a few dance routines, then go for a 30-45 minute walk after. I AM GONNA DO IT THIS TIME!!! Woot!

Replies

• pinkglitterbaby
    Options
    Good luck! :wink: You can do it!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Could not be in a better place, this site is wonderful!
    All my best and Just remember to believe in yourself!
  • HAWKGRL
    HAWKGRL Posts: 14
    Options
    Good Luck on your journey! I am new to this site as well.....feel free to add me, we can do this together!!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I understand all about having to cut spending. There are so many fitness things you can do at home. My biggest challenge is trying to eat better on a budget. Couponing helps. Frozen vegetables that you stretch over meals. Big bags of brown rice and whole wheat pasta. Cans of beans and condensed soups (I like cheddar cheese and cream of mushroom) for casseroles. Eggs. Accumulate one dry spice every time you shop if you don't have the "right" spices on hand. Always check the store circulars for deals. Buy them. Use your staples to make a dinner around them. Don't throw anything away. It can used in something. Lots of things can be bought in cans without having that awful mushy texture like tomatoes. Get some of the cheaper fish, meats. Cans of tuna. A thing of chicken, lean ground beef, or pork chops tend to be less expensive. Sometimes it's worth spending more for bigger packages of, say, chicken because you can parcel that out over many dinners. I think you'll find that with your new portion sizes, you aren't using half as much food as you used to. It stretches a lot further. Then, in a pinch, you can also buy Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, or Weight Watchers meals when they're on sale for $2.50. Even Celeste veggie pizza is only $1. There are options. :}
  • tkeller3
    tkeller3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm right with you! I have been losing weight, but very very slowly, and I need to exercise to speed it up! Happy New Year to you, and good luck! I know you can do it!
  • rachelcc79
    rachelcc79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am ready to try again as well. This sight is awesome and. I am so excited. Like tkeller said, i think working out is going to have to be one of my main goals. Happy new year cousin!