Hi! I am a newbie and love it so far....

Options
Hi!

I have about 15-20 lbs that I would like to lose. I am currently trying for a 3rd child, so I thought it would be a good idea to eat healthy during my process. I am not looking to diet, just be more aware of what I do eat and how much.

I have always worked out about 5/week, but never saw the results I hoped and it's frustrating. However, I know it's due to poor portion control. I have subscribed to Weight Watchers in the past and love the e-tools. However, this is kind of the same thing and it's FREE!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping this is the key to making a permanent "lifestyle" change to a better way of eating.

BTW, I just switched my workout to Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. LOVE IT!!!! I have tried all of her videos and so far this is my favorite. I think if I can get my eating under control, then I may actually get Ripped in 30! :)

Good luck to everyone on this board and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 2012 be your BEST YEAR YET!

Kelli
Jack (9)
Sam (7)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. It is a great site but it takes a little work on your part. You get out what you put in. :flowerforyou:
  • kolbycheese
    kolbycheese Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I do hope I continue to enjoy it as much as I do now. I have never had trouble tracking my work-outs, just my food. I need someone to hold me accountable. :laugh:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It sounds like you definitely know what you need to do. This site will really make you aware of portions and food selections. Exercise is important, but eating well is more important! I'll send you a friend request!
  • NicoleGest
    Options
    Welcome and I hope you find the site as helpful as I do. I've been wondering about Jillian Michael's videos. it's good to hear some feed back. I'll have to check it out.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello

Im a former ww! and was about to sign up to the online resource last january and discovered mfp by accident on my android. I love it for the same reasons you do- its free and it works. Ive done ww before and lost weight but promptly put it back on as it hasnt got a very good maintainance plan- plus there were no bonuses for working out! plus mfp has given my a new hobby: running! i know soooo much more about food and exercise now then ever before!

Love JM workouts! have done shred and ripped. I quite like no more trouble zones too. Im thinking of re-starting the shred. Feel free to add me. we are ttc our 2nd and im trying to get fit as i put on nearly 40lbs with my first!