quality vitamins

Options
Anyone know of a good multi vitamin for the over 50 ladies? I would like a quality vitamin that includes everything that I need in a multi. Currently I have several bottles of individual vitamins. It would be nice to downsize a bit!

Replies

• hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I take Emergen-C every day.. it's a packet you mix into a bottle of water. Really helps me although I'm not over 50, I do have a lot of bone and health issues and it does help me quite a bit.
  • joyful226
    joyful226 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am over 50 but use the One A Day Women's formula, because I needed to boost my iron intake and the other One A Day for over 50 left it off. They seem to be very good. Have a good amount of that important Vit D3.1000 IU's and include minerals.
  • NotRegistered
    Options
    I'm not quite sure why you want a multi but not the individuals. I take a multi, but I add more vit d, flaxseed, calcium and probiotics.

I buy whatever 50+ I find, since I buy large bottles.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I am sporadic with taking vits but my mum is 88 hale and healthy and still has all her marbles and swears by Sanatogen 50+

Nothing to do with OP's original question but....
    Saw a program (The Food Hospital) regarding eostrogen rich foods that were being used to help women moderate the symptoms of the menopause and am I going to look at introducing more of them into my diet. I would prefer to get it from a natural source rather than HRT if possible. Couldn't hurt to up my levels at my age.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I use Andrew Lessman Complete Women's vitamins. It's a small packet of 5 capsules that I take once a day - very gentle on the stomach. But being over 50, I take extra calcium/Vitamin D and magnesium in the evening -- resulting in perfect bone density!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I really like x-tend life. www.xtend-life.com They are pricey, but I really, really like all of the research they have done and the little published health articles they send with my vitamins. I also use and HIGHLY recommend their fish oil.
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!!