new year's eve disaster

Options
HELP! last night i did mindless eating :( but i believe i did a good job in my portion control. i just don't want to be a "kill joy" in front of my family and measure and log in or avoid foods. how do i do this? :( i'm also afraid of the ginormous net calories i'm gonna end up with help me :((

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I didn't go nuts counting or avoiding on Christmas Eve, I just put in a huge number of calories that, unfortunately, was probably pretty close to how many I ate, then logged it as Christmas Dinner and went on my way. I didn't bother with protein or sodium or whatever, either.
  • angieread
    angieread Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. It happens to all of us. NYE is a tough one! Forgive yourself and remember, today is a new day! I didn't log in or write anything down last night at our NYE get-together with our friends. Instead, I TRIED to eat (and drink) in moderation, and went back this morning and tried to remember everything I ate and logged my intake as best as I could remember. That's better than skipping it completely, and even though I'm not happy with my overall intake yesterday either, at least I was honest with myself. One step at a time. Best to you!
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. It is only one day! I went over yesterday too! After I finished logging, I ended eating slice of banana bread that I baked couple of days ago, which I managed to not eat, but last night waiting for the ball to drop on tv, I had to have a slice. I didn't even log it. or the 3 pieces of home made chocolate my friend sent from Colorado. I don't know why I was able to avoid all the sweets through Christmas, but last night, I had to have some! Pick yourself up, and start again today! It is a brand new day!!
  • sheystar
    Options
    I didn't go nuts counting or avoiding on Christmas Eve, I just put in a huge number of calories that, unfortunately, was probably pretty close to how many I ate, then logged it as Christmas Dinner and went on my way. I didn't bother with protein or sodium or whatever, either.

haha nice job!
  • petergarcia82
    petergarcia82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Its a day. Remember this is a lifestyle choice and its bound to.happen going over. No big.deal you did not mess up just move on.
  • sheystar
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. It happens to all of us. NYE is a tough one! Forgive yourself and remember, today is a new day! I didn't log in or write anything down last night at our NYE get-together with our friends. Instead, I TRIED to eat (and drink) in moderation, and went back this morning and tried to remember everything I ate and logged my intake as best as I could remember. That's better than skipping it completely, and even though I'm not happy with my overall intake yesterday either, at least I was honest with myself. One step at a time. Best to you!

aww thanks! that totally encouraged me. i'm just gonna try to remember everything. i hope i can! and maybe start on working the pounds off ;)
  • sheystar
    Options
    Don't worry. It is only one day! I went over yesterday too! After I finished logging, I ended eating slice of banana bread that I baked couple of days ago, which I managed to not eat, but last night waiting for the ball to drop on tv, I had to have a slice. I didn't even log it. or the 3 pieces of home made chocolate my friend sent from Colorado. I don't know why I was able to avoid all the sweets through Christmas, but last night, I had to have some! Pick yourself up, and start again today! It is a brand new day!!

wow thank you! and true, it's only ONE day! :) i should not let that discourage me. i have 365 more days to correct that!
  • sheystar
    Options
    Its a day. Remember this is a lifestyle choice and its bound to.happen going over. No big.deal you did not mess up just move on.

thanks :) i'll now try to log in everything i could remember and not mind the net calories. it's NYE and i had to enjoy myself :3
  • john52565
    Options
    Ya know, I think we all...including you.....are gonna benefit mostly just from 'educating' ourselves on here. I think that on this site you'll find your accountability answers TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS who may THINK you ruined your diet. Tell them, "Hey, I got it under control....I know what I'm doing!"
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Giiirrrrllll, get over it! It's one day. As long as you stay on track and keep chugging along it will be alright :)
  • shale367
    shale367 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just log the calories and move on....don't give it another thought!
  • squee83
    Options
    Unless you ate 3,500 calories over the calories you spent existing that day, you won't gain a pound (not of real weight anyway, salt and water however, may make you seem a bit heavier). Shrug it off and move on, no sense beating yourself up over it :) I hope you had a great time with family and friends and have a wonderful new year. :)
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Yup, the advice here is spot on.
  • myuva
    myuva Posts: 67
    Options
    You can't fix yesterday....but you can change today and tomorrow !!! Look forward !
  • sheystar
    Options
    thanks for your replies! :) i'm glad i've let it all out here instead of keeping it to myself. you guys are thr best! :D