Cross Trainer

Options
Hey

Everytime I am on the cross trainer after a period of about 20 mins or more the bottom of my feet feel numbish....When I'm working out I raise my heel as you would when you run so that my foot is not stationary on each platform so I have to stop for a couple of mins and proceed again.

Just wondered if anyone else come across that problem at all?

Replies

• tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I dont know if its numbness i feel or if it is pain. Like when you have been walking too long. I usually have to reposition my feet on the cross trainer occasionally. So I dont think your alone.
  • jsteffen80
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. I have heard that a lot of people have the same problem. I'm much more worried about my nethers when I sit on the bike too long.
  • MattArcade
    MattArcade Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    yes yes we need to protect the nuts on the bike lol. When I stop I give my feet a little slow rotate as I get the same pain and I think its because your feet are in such a stationary position, if your tall your legs must stretch out more when your running.
    Totally the same as you guys though have to stop sometimes to readjust my feet position etc but find it has less pressure off my ankles than running.
  • Meggy247
    Meggy247 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have this issue, my understanding from my chiro. is that it's pinching a nerve in your lower back. Try to tuck your hips under, a bit awkward to start but then it become second nature AND you can feel your feet!
  • MattArcade
    Options
    Thanks I'll try that so does that mean i need to lean back a little with my hips a little forward than rest of my body?
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    When you log crosstrainer what do you do? It's not in the list of cardio exercises so I've just been saying elliptical since they look pretty much the same

Just wondering XD
  • MattArcade
    Options
    I log as elliptical also :) same thing really but I don't know how people watch tv on them things! Puts me right off my rhythm! Bit of bon jovi and I'm away :)
  • y_53kg
    y_53kg Posts: 35
    Options
    It happened to my friend actually but not to me! But i love the cross trainer lol.. it burns a lot!
  • MattArcade
    Options
    I love it too, how long does everyone spend on it per session?
  • y_53kg
    y_53kg Posts: 35
    Options
    I love it too, how long does everyone spend on it per session?

The time i spend depends on how much i want to burn... I really get motivated to burn more so i wait till i get really tired then i stop
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Usually I just listen to music, didn't get how people could be watching the telly XD....until today when a cheeky bit of Jezza Kyle had me engrossed and pumping legs and arms at the same time XD

I normally do 20-30 mins :)

Also that's good about the elliptical thing :D
  • MattArcade
    Options
    Did an hour on it yesterday and had to split it up into half hour intervals due to my feet going dead :( Pretty pleased with staying on for that length of time though!
  • tracyg86
    tracyg86 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Havent been back to the gym in a while but when I was going regularly, I would do about 35 mins tops. I used to love it was doing near 450 cals in that time.