New wedding date......some help please!!

Options
My daughter was getting married in October and has now moved it to May. This is the same month that I graduate. I dont have 10 months to lose weight, I only have 5. I need to drop 40 pounds within that short period of time. I know it can be done but not 100% sure on how. Any suggestions are welcome and much need and appreciated!!

Replies

• traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy, drink nothing but water, and exercise like a mad woman:)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Try not to stress so much about the number. Just eat as healthy as you can and get plenty of exercise, and you'll look great in 5 months. Even if you only lost half your goal-- at 20 lbs lighter think about how fabulous you'll look!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Do the best you can and you will be the best you can be in that moment.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Agree with above posters...eat super healthy, watch your portions...try to stay within 100 calories (above or below) you calorie goal EVERY day! Water, water, water!
  • NotRegistered
    Options
    Here's my suggestion:

The primary goal of your daughter's wedding is that at the end of the day, she will be married to the love-of-her-life. Everything else is fluff.

I would suggest that you continue with reasonable weight goals by eating healthy and taking care of yourself.
    I also suggest that you enjoy the last semester of your BA. This last semester will be gone forever and you will move on to the next goal.
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I like to exercise so beginning that again wont be as hard as the food. I did start a food diary. I also need to let go of the notion that I am not as good a person when I am this weight. I am who I am regardless of the scale? right?
  • skatermom503
    Options
    Don't push yourself so hard. Just lose what you can in a healthy way. You are going to be the mother of the bride and your daughter will think you look beautiful no matter what you weigh. And really, she is the only one that matters. Best wishes to the bride and groom and all the best to you on this happy occasion. Don't let weight worries spoil it for you.
  • NotRegistered
    Options
    Thank you all. I like to exercise so beginning that again wont be as hard as the food. I did start a food diary. I also need to let go of the notion that I am not as good a person when I am this weight. I am who I am regardless of the scale? right?

Funny. Yes, you are who you are regardless of weight.

You will be healthier when you lose a bit of weight, but you are still the same person and your daughter will still be a happy bride.

Ooops----I should say that I will be healthier when I lose a bit of weight. But I am projecting my goals onto you :)